PDA

View Full Version : Clear coated wheel polishing

Pages : [1] 2

imported_Homer
07-14-2001, 03:11 AM
I came across this review at a NSX website...

http://www.nsxsc.com/nsexcitement/waxtest.html (`http://www.nsxsc.com/nsexcitement/waxtest.html`)

I know that NSX owners are very `enthusiastic` about Zymol (I guess it`s because there was one formulated for their cars). But anyhow...they should have done a comparison with Klasse/Blitz in there as well!

Huy

Andre'
07-14-2001, 03:45 AM
They are so far behind us it`s a joke. Zymol is a total rip off.

Ken B
07-14-2001, 08:44 AM
Since I already paid for it, I use Zymol as a topper for Klasse (thanks Beau and all others on the board for showing the way).

I need my sunglasses to look at the Zymol topper on my klasse, Not because the shine is so much better I really don`t want to see how silly I look for spending so much...

rstype
07-14-2001, 10:45 AM
Interesting test, however the "Round 3" seems to be based too much on opinion. Some people like the bright look like Zaino, some people like the "no-difference" look of Meguiar`s, and some like the "wax" look of the Zymol NSX.

However, every hood section had swirl marks!!!! Ahhhck!

~BW

07-14-2001, 11:57 AM
Whoever thinks there are anything more than minute differences between Zymol`s car-specific waxes is a very gullible person.

They make a specific wax for fire engines, for Christ`s sake; and bicycles, and SUV`s, and Saabs, and Volvo`s...

Marketing at it`s best (or most shameful).

JasonC8301
07-14-2001, 12:48 PM
and those really expensive estate glazes and stuff..Not knocking the wax, heard some nice things about them..and not so good things about them...lasts as long as it takes to apply. $1000 for the vintage...free refills for life..How much can one use in his/her lifetime?

enough venting...I do use Zymol`s leather care kit. Cleans the leather well and the conditioner makes it soft and supple, without that slippery feeling, pretty inexpensive too, paid less than $15 shipped.

imported_Homer
07-14-2001, 01:52 PM
I find that the majority of the people on that particular forum just stick to Zymol and aren`t very open to any other products. I once suggested Klasse and other products and everyone pretty much ignored the suggestion. Oh well, their loss.

They ought to learn a thing or two from this forum!

Huy

07-14-2001, 02:46 PM
Zymol are masters of packaging and spin.

Does it matter that my wax has essence of humroot and ground monkey paw?

Does it matter that my wax comes in a crystal vase hand blown by Tibetan monks?

That`s why I like One Grand; the most boring packaging ever, none of their products smell like hibiscus or honeysuckle, and a price and result that puts the others to shame.

That $1,000 wax was supposedly created for Ralph Lauren`s Bugatti; as least we know Ralph has enough old shirts and towels around the house to detail!

carljr1989
07-14-2001, 10:49 PM
Sorry kids but the Zymol Estate Glazes are aimed at a different audience($$$). No need to bash them just because you can`t afford them.

I use Vintage glaze and I did not pay $1000. It costs me about $55(demo kit) and it`s enough for 12 large cars. It lasts about 5 weeks and the gloss is awesome when combined with Klasse. IMO Blitz is durable but is no match in the LOOK`s department for Zymol Vintage.

Don2000g
07-14-2001, 11:58 PM
I`m sure the Zymol Vintage and other Estate waxes do leave a very nice shine. It`s just that it`s kind of hard to say that the Vintage wax is truly worth a $1,000. This is where a few reactions stem from. I just have a hard time believing that the Vintage wax is significantly or even noticeably different and or better than Pinnacle Souveran, Paste Glaze, etc... I would be completely satisfied with the pics of David B`s yellow Porsche. Looks awesome. The color and depth is unbelievable. I believe he uses Pinnacle Souveran ($69) Now which one would I rather buy. One that is $1,000 or one that is $69 and will give me identical or near identical results. Obviously, I`d side with the Souveran.

I would love to do a little experiment on 10 different cars with the same make and model, color, production date, prep work, etc.... We could then select 10 of the forum`s favorite waxes and use one on each car. I`d love to see if we could honestly notice a $930 or even a $980 better looking finish. I`m sure the results would be quite amusing.

Don`t get me wrong, if I had a $1,000 to blow away I`d probably buy the Vintage. It`s just that as a realistic individual, I`d have a hard time believing that I could achieve substantially or even noticeable improvement in the shine. Sometimes I think if the people who spend the money on these waxes are victims of the Cognitive Dissonance Theory. Just bare with me a little. This theory holds that people tend to alter their opinions, thoughts, impressions and even belief systems in order to help alleviate a stressful event or stimulus. Under this scenario, a person who spends $1,000 on SOME CAR WAX FOR GODSSAKE could convince himself to believe that they have in fact come upon the Holy Grail of all waxes. They could say to themselves, " Damn, that wax is absolutely awesome and the best that I have ever seen or tried. It`s definitely worth the $1,000." This response would help the individual feel better about his purchase and thus himself. Or the individual could simply have terrible eyesight! Hehe!

Don`t get me wrong. I`m not coming down on you. In fact, I would love to see some pics of this wax. Post them if you got em! Do you have any? Does anyone? Laters.

[Edited by Don2000g on 07-14-2001 at 10:07 PM]

Andre'
07-15-2001, 12:01 AM
Just becaus somthing is $$$ doesn`t make it better then somthing that is like $15.00

If i buy a $219,500 Ferrari and i don`t like it , i`am not going to tell someone that i bought a $219,500 and did not like it.

Don2000g
07-15-2001, 12:05 AM
Ahhhh, perfect example of Cognitive Dissonance beginning to emerge. We don`t want the ridicule that comes with this so we may then alter our perceptions a bit. Now, the Ferrari becomes in our mind "not bad, pretty good, etc..." Makes us feel better.

Andre'
07-15-2001, 12:17 AM
Makes me feel better Don HaHa ;)

Kid! man Eurosport is nice guy.

[Edited by Andre` on 07-14-2001 at 10:26 PM]

Bruce
07-15-2001, 07:29 AM
<blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by Don2000g [/i]
<strong class=`bbc`>. . . the Cognitive Dissonance Theory . . . holds that people tend to alter their opinions, thoughts, impressions and even belief systems in order to help alleviate a stressful event or stimulus.[/b]</blockquote>I know what you mean, Don.

I found leaving my convertible out all night in the rain with the top down to be a stressful event or stimulus. So I simply altered my belief system such that I now realize that a little water inside your car once in a while is good for it, and the mildew smell is an acquired taste which adds character to a BMW.

corvettez
07-15-2001, 08:09 AM
to come here and find out about Klasse. It seemed to me in the review that the products for comparison were not very well balanced. A liquid polish, Mequiars and the NSX glaze?

It`s too bad they didn`t include AIO as a single product for testing or the AIO\SG combination to compare to the Zaino. Durability didn`t seem to be much of a criteria although it looked like Zaino won in that area, was it just for the best shine?