PDA

View Full Version : Firehose Nozzle....

Pages : [1] 2

jtcollier131
07-13-2001, 01:34 PM
Thanks again for your help everyone. I have now purchased 3M Finesse IT II, Klasse AIO, and SG. I now need help with step by step of how to use these produces.

This is what I know:

1 wash car with Gold class.

2. Dry with (what is best). Now I use 100% cotton. Does leave fibbers behind.

3. Finesse IT II, small areas at a time. What do I use to apply and remove? Do I only do the areas that I see scratches?

4. Do I need to use anything before the AIO?

5. Use Klasse AIO, hand apply, 1 coat. Small areas at a time. What do I use to apply and remove?

6. Klasse SG, hand apply 2 coats. Use small amounts on applicator. What do I use to apply and remove?

Let me know if I need to change something.

adjulian
07-13-2001, 01:41 PM
You will find lots of good stuff in there from MT use to Fieldcrest Cannon Charisma towels to Viper, etc...

99323ic
07-15-2001, 12:49 AM
As for towels, it`s micro fiber all the way!! The only place I use a terry towel (frankly a cheap cotton loop shop-type towel) is on the wheels, as the brake dust ruins them pretty quick (1 to 2 uses). It`s not even worth washing them out (and <strong class=`bbc`>NEVER[/b] with other towels!!) Buy the five pack from CMA. Use the Viper Detailing cloths for polish/wax removal and save the wonderful Miracle Towel for Quick Detailing and dusting.

07-15-2001, 01:59 AM
Mike, unfortunately microfiber is the absolute best for removal of product. I say unfortunately `cause they`re pricey for the good ones.

Dry your car with the Wizards Water Bandit (www.kleanride.com). Dale had a special of $15 to your door; email him and see if this deal is still good.

Apply all your products with foam applicators. Remove with microfiber. Use a quick detailer to help removal. This will save you alot of elbow grease.

Good luck.

imported_gewb
07-15-2001, 09:42 AM
Curious if anyone has used the p21s towel and the Water Bandit. Only quality synthetic chamois I’ve used is the p21s and just wondering how it stacks up compared to the Water Bandit or other products for that matter. TIA

Adam

P.S. No complaints about the p21s towel, I love it. Just don`t want to be missing out on something even better. :)

07-15-2001, 12:03 PM
Adam, our forum moderator/guru Brad has tried the P21S Water Sprite, Wizards Water Bandit and Absorber; his vote was for the Water Bandit.

imported_TLMitchell
10-20-2009, 09:24 PM
Just wondering if anyone`s got anything good to say about these things? I think I bought a paperweight.

I`ve been using the run-of-the-mill squeeze-trigger nozzle for years. I`ve use cheapies as well as some better ones, no complaints. Plenty of pressure and a variety of sprays from wide-angle to flood.

Recently I`ve been expereincing some lingering joint discomfort on my thumb. It usually occurs when I`m squeezing the nozzle trigger kinda awkwardly to rinse up under wheel well lips and tight spots. I figured the Firehose Nozzle would alleviate this.

So I hook up the Firehouse Nozzle and experience major disappointment. The twisting mechanism for turning it on and off and adjusting the stream is slick..... but I`m not seeing anywhere NEAR the pressure I have using the traditional nozzles. I`m running almost 60 PSI through the house pipes and using a 5/8" rubber hose and usually get tons of pressure for blasting heavy crud off before washing. Not with the Firehose Nozzle. I don`t get enough pressure outta this thing to reach the other side of the car!

Just wondering if anyone has any thoughts or experiences on this thing before I relegate it to doorstop status. Just what the world needs, another $20 doorstop.

TL

imported_broker99
10-20-2009, 09:28 PM
I have one and I dont really care for it either.

Tuck91
10-20-2009, 09:35 PM
Not my cup of tea. ;)

imported_Tom
10-21-2009, 05:48 AM
I have had one for about 6 years and like it alot, it is from Griot`s and NOT made in China.

imported_Flash Gordon
10-21-2009, 06:31 AM
Director > Hi my name is Gordon, I`m a Hose Nozzle Junky.......:w00t:

Yep, got suck into to getting 1 of these about 3 years ago....What a worthless piece of garbage it was :banghead:

The one I got I purchased thru Northern Tool. It had a lever on it you had to pull back, then you had to turn the nozzle. Seemed to me the water would always come out in a very heavy flow with low water pressure....I used it about a half a dozen times and its currentally somewhere in my garage :confused:

I am proud to announce though, It has been 90 days since I`ve stepped foot in Northern Tool/Harbor Freight.......Wheres my red chip > :angel:

imported_Jokeman
10-21-2009, 06:44 AM
Im a big fan of the home depot one with the 7 different spray patterns.

Old Pirate
10-21-2009, 01:55 PM
I got one about 15 years ago and it still works great, I seen some of the newer ones and have to try one out soon and to see what some folks have been saying about them.

imported_mobenzowner
10-21-2009, 02:24 PM
I have one , I think from Lowe`s. It works good for me, much better than the squeeze kind. The pressure on it is better than any of the squeeze variety I have had. Maybe I just got lucky....

imported_Luster
10-21-2009, 02:26 PM
Im a big fan of the home depot one with the 7 different spray patterns.

That`s the one I use. Best selection of sprays.