PDA

View Full Version : Removing Sticky Residue

Pages : [1] 2

12station
07-13-2001, 06:53 AM
hello all, I bought a can of blitz about a month ago and when I opened it the other day the wax was like a rock. Is this how blitz is supposed to be? I don`t want to complain to one grand if this is how its supposed to be. Its harder work getting it on the foam pad then applying it to the car.

ihetenyi
07-13-2001, 06:54 AM
see the `Texture of Blitz wax` post down below. It is supposed to be hard as a rock.

tom p.
07-13-2001, 07:17 AM
the intention is to use a minimanl amount. There seems to always be that temptation to really apply a lot of product which, in this case, is not the thing to do.

Don`t worry, be happy. Blitz is a great product!

ALM
07-13-2001, 09:54 AM
I think if you set it out in the sun for awhile it will soffen it up.

Don2000g
07-13-2001, 12:11 PM
Albert, Blitz is an excellent wax. There is nothing wrong with your tin can of it. All are the same. One of the great things about Blitz and other high quality waxes is that you need very little product to wax a car. It`s going to last you a very long time. Use a foam pad and just rub it onto the top of the block of wax. The first two "dips" into the tin can may be a little difficult but that`s it. It`s very easy to use. Trust me. You`re going to really like the results and the longevity of the wax on your car and the wax in your tin can. Laters.

tom p.
07-13-2001, 12:35 PM
If you think Blitz is hard and difficult to work with, try some of Meguiar`s #26 or some of the old world paste waxes.

You should have no concerns with Blitz. It will become you car`s best friend.

07-13-2001, 12:54 PM
Why is Blitz being hard a bad thing? As soon as you rub your applicator pad on it a few times it begins to melt and soften from the heat of the friction.

Harder wax = less chemicals used to break down the wax into a softer, or more liquid form. Which is why ALL the gourmet, high end waxes are paste and not liquid. Pure carnauba is harder than concrete.

If you`re having a hard time putting on Blitz, you`re using WAY TOO MUCH!!!!

imported_Homer
07-13-2001, 01:14 PM
There`s nothing wrong with wax being hard! If it`s too hard, try wetting your foam applicator pad with a few drops of water to moisten it. Rub your pad in the tin can a few times and it`ll pick up the wax easily. Even if the wax appears hard in the can...it`s never hard when you apply it anyways...

Huy

JasonC8301
07-13-2001, 09:50 PM
Not to get flamed or offend or anything, but I think the Blitz tin says to use only a dry applicator not a wet one?

imported_Homer
07-13-2001, 10:33 PM
I just suggested to add a drop or two of water onto the pad. It`ll make it easier to apply. It doesn`t do any harm....

JasonC8301
07-13-2001, 10:46 PM
oh sorry about that Huy...I must read and read to catch up on un-read posts. I thouyght you meant like dip it in water. I`ll try not to skim posts, and throughly read them twice.

bmw5541
10-20-2009, 06:13 PM
I had a sticker on the inside of my windshield that I was tired of looking at, so I removed it. Unfortunately, left behind the sticky residue. Does anyone have any suggestions for removing this unsightly mess?

Old Pirate
10-20-2009, 06:15 PM
Goo Gone should remove the sticky residue.

bmw5541
10-20-2009, 06:21 PM
Goo Gone should remove the sticky residue.

Thanks Angelo!

Do they sell this at WM?

imported_broker99
10-20-2009, 06:25 PM
sometimes you can remove it by window cleaner and razor blade.