PDA

View Full Version : suicide grouse

Pages : [1] 2

Cantonagod
07-12-2001, 09:25 AM
Has anyone tried using Black Majic Total Shine? It claims to be a multi surface cleaner and polish. I used it on my 2000 black formula firebird`s paint, chrome wheels and interior surfaces and I was pretty impressed. It did not leave stubborn white lines behind that are difficult to buff off. It also did not whiten any rubber or plastic surfaces that it got on to. The paint shine looks very good, but this car only has 3500 miles on it. I do not know how long-lasting the paint application will be - anyone know? Since it was very easy to wipe off, I suspect it will not last too long.

The interior surfaces are not as shiny as I would like, but they feel very smooth and seem to be repelling the dust. I`ve always liked an Armorall shined up interior, but do not like the way it takes forever to dry and attracts dust. Ultimately if the product will protect the interior from the sun and heat exposure, that is what is really important.

TiCoup
07-12-2001, 09:36 AM
If you want a good product for the interior with some shine try Lexol`s Vinylex. Aerospace 303 is also a good interior dressing but leaves more of a matte, clean looking finish. The 303 is marketed as a sort of sun block for your stuff and claims to have a high UV protection. I use the 303 on my interiors and leather seats.

Greek Guy
07-12-2001, 09:41 AM
Vinylex will make your interior shine and it is much better than Armor All. I have used Black Magic Total Shine and still have most of it. It works okay on the paint but I found that a QD such as EF Clear Pearl or Crystal Mist and Show Off works better. Never tried it on the interior.

Cantonagod
07-12-2001, 10:04 AM
Thanks for your replies. I will check out the products you recommend.

PS: grandprix - nice car! I only wish a manual transmission was available.

YoSteve
07-12-2001, 05:40 PM
people know what I use for no shine finish, I don`t recommend the shiny stuff by them

BTW, Tbird what did you think of the stuff (maybe you were being nice by not saying anything)?

TiCoup
07-13-2001, 08:44 AM
YoSteve, I used the stuff you recommended on the Wife`s Suzuki. I really liked the results. Gave a finish to the interior similar to 303 and smelled good too. Plus a very reasonably priced product. Would just be curious as to protection from UV since her vehicle sits in the sun in a parking lot for 8-12 hours a day.

YoSteve
07-13-2001, 04:56 PM
<blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by TBird [/i]
<strong class=`bbc`>YoSteve, I used the stuff you recommended on the Wife`s Suzuki. I really liked the results. Gave a finish to the interior similar to 303 and smelled good too. Plus a very reasonably priced product. Would just be curious as to protection from UV since her vehicle sits in the sun in a parking lot for 8-12 hours a day. [/b]</blockquote>
Thanks T-bird, (brightened my day again http://autopia-carport.com/forum/images/icons/icon6.gif) My car is an experiment on the stuff too. Since your wife`s Suzuki is in the sun a lot longer than my car is, then its a real test.

rockymountaindetail
10-20-2009, 08:28 AM
Many people have had birds fly into glass windows. Living where I live in the mountains it happens occasionally. Usually its a small bird, hummingbird or the like and they are stunned for a minute and then go on their way, no real harm done to bird or window.

2 nights ago I heard a loud crash and realize a window had been broken. My first thought was gunfire as it is rifle deer season here and people do hunt in the area. It was a double pane window and only 1 pane was shattered so that ruled that out. I went outside and found this grouse on the ground. They are pretty large birds and this one must have really been cruising to smash my window!! Kinda sucks as the windows are pretty expensive. Anyway, no real point to this other than it was really weird as there are no other windows near this one. I understand when they hit the big picture windows on the other side of the house thinking they are open spcae, but I`m convinced this bird was trying to end it all!

oh yeah, grouse for dinner tonight. I`m figuring the dinner for 2 is costing over $100 a head:scared:

http://i377.photobucket.com/albums/oo214/wewaxem/suicidegrouse.jpg

Todd@RUPES
10-20-2009, 08:37 AM
RIP window! Was it good?

Old Pirate
10-20-2009, 08:38 AM
I heard of birds on a mission, have I seen it all....

tthomp82
10-20-2009, 08:54 AM
you know we get the same thing around here except they are dove and they like to see how long they can wait before flying away from the car headed towards them. I have had to clean bird guts off of the car a couple of times. sucks about your window though.

imported_User Name
10-20-2009, 08:59 AM
That story just made me hungry. Any left overs?

rockymountaindetail
10-20-2009, 09:01 AM
Was it good?

Dinner is tonight so it`s still in the fridge. They are fantastic eating though!! Better than chicken or pheasant IMO. My wife who is an animal lover says these are her favorite. As soon as we saw the bird dead on the ground her first words were: "we can still eat that, right?" :drool5:

MB Fan
10-20-2009, 09:44 AM
Sounds like a perfect set-up for that Windex commercial where the birds fly into the freshly cleaned windows. Real life can be stranger than fiction!!!

imported_Flash Gordon
10-20-2009, 09:51 AM
Wow...Would have really been intresting had he flown thru the cat door :o

I have sparrows hit my bay window often. They make for pitifull eaten though :o

So are Grouse pretty good eaten? Maybe you could send me some......Airmail :o