PDA

View Full Version : Today`s Criminal is Bold!

Pages : [1] 2

scottybob1
07-11-2001, 08:47 AM
Ok I have question about using QD and would like to hear from others on your practices. Do you only use a QD`er after washings, or do you use it between washings? If between washings, what`s your "rule of thumb" on how clean the car must be before you`ll use a QD`er or drag out the hose and bucket and wash it first. QD`ers are a great time saver, but I just want to see what your optinions are on when and when not to use a QD`er. Thanks

Don2000g
07-11-2001, 09:09 AM
Just use a lot of common sense. If the car appears to be a bit too dusty then just forget the quick detailing. Many of us use a California duster everyday or so and quick detail every other day. It`s a pretty good rule to use a California duster prior to quick detailing.

The best towel to use for quick detailing is definitely a Miracle Towel. Pretty much 95% of the people here will concur with this. They are awesome. It is simply the plushest, softest and safest microfiber towel out there. Once you try one, you`ll never think of using cotton towels for this task again. Also, never quick detail with water or a moistened microfiber towel. Big mistake. Always use a quick detailer. It provides so much more lubrication which provides for a bit more safety in dust removal for your car`s finish. Laters.

TiCoup
07-11-2001, 01:25 PM
I use my Cali Car Duster every day and QD about every third day. So I never let the car get to the point that it may be too dirty for dusting or QD`ing. But if it rains or there is heavy dew in the morning I just say screw it and wash.

Greek Guy
07-11-2001, 01:47 PM
It`s a judgement call. I use the cali-duster everyday unless it rains. I also QD after I use the cali-duster. I always use 2 MT towels with QD. One is used for the first wipe and the second is used for final buffing. I also wash the car at least once a week.

pingiii
07-11-2001, 01:55 PM
I agree with both gentlemen above.

I always QD after I wash and dry my vehicle. I also dust daily and QD every 2nd or 3rd day.

I`m very lucky, I have a garage to put my vehicle in. So when I get home from work later at night, I generally spray the bugs before they have a chance to dry on the finish. Then after about 15 minutes, I wipe them off. Sometimes I use water for this, and sometimes I use a QD spray. I generally wait till the A.M. to Dust and QD the whole vehicle. That way I`m sure it`s cool and I won`t get streaking.

As far as when it`s time to wash, I find if my duster can`t get all the dust and dirt off , it`s time to wash.

It won`t take you long to establish a routine that works for you. And it really is so much easier to keep up that shine, than to redo it every month. Enjoy!

imported_Luster
10-19-2009, 07:51 PM
My next door neighbor, working in his back yard, on a Sunday afternoon, left his garage door open. Not an unreasonable thing to do considering the whole family was home and he was working and using stuff he had in his garage.

He goes into his garage to get a rake..... pressure washer gone! Small compressor gone! Sawzall gone!

Another neighbor said he saw a couple guys walking down the street, next thing they were gone along with the stuff!

rockymountaindetail
10-19-2009, 07:59 PM
That`s crazy but I can top it!

When I was in college and poor I took all the $ I had and bought a package of chicken. Took it back to my apartment and put it on the hibachi in front of my place to bbq. Not any other food in the house but that and some rice. It was almost ready, I went in the house to get a plate and came back and my chicken was gone!! They stole it burning hot right off the grill with their hands. I found 1 piece they dropped, rinsed the dirt off and ate a bunch of rice with it. Not the same dollar loss as your friend, but certainly speaks to the point of boldness!!

All I could do was stand there and scream at them knowing they were still close enough to hear me. I won`t write what I was screaming....I`m sure you can imagine!

John M.
10-19-2009, 08:14 PM
Wow! Funny you post this cuz I was just watching the show earlier "it takes a theif" where they break into peoples homes to show them how easy it is and then set them up with state of the art protection! Its crazy how those guys can get in and out so quick!

imported_Luster
10-19-2009, 08:20 PM

When I was in college and poor I took all the $ I had and bought a package of chicken. Took it back to my apartment and put it on the hibachi in front of my place to bbq. Not any other food in the house but that and some rice. It was almost ready, I went in the house to get a plate and came back and my chicken was gone!! They stole it burning hot right off the grill with their hands. I found 1 piece they dropped, rinsed the dirt off and ate a bunch of rice with it. Not the same dollar loss as your friend, but certainly speaks to the point of boldness!!

All I could do was stand there and scream at them knowing they were still close enough to hear me. I won`t write what I was screaming....I`m sure you can imagine!

That`s insane! Why didn`t they wait until you were taking your first bite and then snatch it from your salivating taste buds!!!!!

MB Fan
10-19-2009, 09:00 PM
A fews ago I took my girlfriend - now wife - to a park in Sacramento for a couple hours. There were cops at the entrance to the parking lot as I drove in so I figured security for my van was pretty good. Thieves broke in through a window, pulled out the tape deck and CB radio from the overhead (some of you are old enough to remember these setups). All under the watchful eye of the Sacramento police department standing less than 100 yards away.

Ever since then I am extra cautious with my car but jeez I leave my garage door open all the time over the weekend while I am doing chores! Never gave a thought to people ripping me off like that! guess I will have to start closing the garage door every time I come and go.

Biz77
10-19-2009, 09:26 PM
Damn crappy luck. I leave my garage door open all the time. I am going to close it now. I notice that there are a lot of people eyeing the stuff I got in the garage. Especially the new tenants across the street.

imported_Luster
10-19-2009, 09:28 PM
I leave my garage door open all the time over the weekend while I am doing chores! Never gave a thought to people ripping me off like that! guess I will have to start closing the garage door every time I come and go.

I hate the idea of doing that! I`m always doing something outside, than back in, back out, back in....

I`m just going to keep my baseball bat a little closer to the door!

(I`m not as fast as I used to be, but I got plenty of body mass for excellent bat speed!)

imported_Luster
10-19-2009, 09:31 PM
Damn crappy luck. I leave my garage door open all the time. I am going to close it now. I notice that there are a lot of people eyeing the stuff I got in the garage. Especially the new tenants across the street.

I suppose I should keep mine closed also...

I have two Corvettes in my garage!:w00t:

imported_Flash Gordon
10-19-2009, 09:54 PM
My next door neighbor, working in his back yard, on a Sunday afternoon, left his garage door open. Not an unreasonable thing to do considering the whole family was home and he was working and using stuff he had in his garage.

He goes into his garage to get a rake..... pressure washer gone! Small compressor gone! Sawzall gone!

Another neighbor said he saw a couple guys walking down the street, next thing they were gone along with the stuff!

Yes, in Mphs the theives walk around neighborhoods looking for ppl working in there yards. At that point they will gain entry because most ppl don`t lock-up thinking "surely nothing will happen....I`m right here" > :cursing:

Wow R.M.D. Thats about the sadest thing I`ve heard in a while. I hope the chicken was under cooked and they got food poisoned > :smile:

B.T.W. Is that a I.H. on your avatar......Nice > :thumbup:

Wow! Funny you post this cuz I was just watching the show earlier "it takes a theif" where they break into peoples homes to show them how easy it is and then set them up with state of the art protection! Its crazy how those guys can get in and out so quick!

I love that show. My DVR auto records when its on > :drool5:

That`s insane! Why didn`t they wait until you were taking your first bite and then snatch it from your salivating taste buds!!!!!

^^^^^^^^^^^ :biggrin:

A fews ago I took my girlfriend - now wife - to a park in Sacramento for a couple hours. There were cops at the entrance to the parking lot as I drove in so I figured security for my van was pretty good. Thieves broke in through a window, pulled out the tape deck and CB radio from the overhead (some of you are old enough to remember these setups). All under the watchful eye of the Sacramento police department standing less than 100 yards away.

Ever since then I am extra cautious with my car but jeez I leave my garage door open all the time over the weekend while I am doing chores! Never gave a thought to people ripping me off like that! guess I will have to start closing the garage door every time I come and go.

And just think, that had to have been 25 years ago....Now look at the mess We`re in > :scared:

I use to have a CB back in the day. You had to register with the FCC...My letters were KZB 8298 > ;)

:White Horse:

MB Fan
10-19-2009, 09:58 PM
Yep just about 27 years ago. and me to KRD 0473 started in high school.