PDA

View Full Version : Plan B

Pages : [1] 2

Cork
07-07-2001, 08:11 PM
How does Griots spped shine compare with other high end quick detailers? Ive been using it for some time and am pleased with it however, I have never tried show off or clear pearl.

Old Guy
07-08-2001, 12:52 AM
I`ve been using Griot`s Speed Shine for years and just started using Show Off.

The Show Off (over my layer of Blitz) leaves a much more slick and slippery finish than Speed Shine. Show Off does seem to lack a little of the lubricity of the Speed Shine.

But the difference in slickness on the paint is sure noticeable. Must be that trace amount of wax in it! I think it is a great compliment to the Blitz (or any) wax.

In the future, I will continue to use Speed Shine to remove bird droppings as soon as they are discovered and will use Show Off after washing and drying to maintain gloss and extend time between waxings. I also use Speed Shine as a lubricant for claying (I use Griot`s clay).

I think you`ll be pleased if you give Show Off a try - depending on your main use/goal for a QD (poop removal vs. extending time between waxings).

07-08-2001, 01:12 AM
I`ve tried Final Inspection, Quik Detailer, Showtime, Mist-N-Shine, Clear Pearl, Finish Fast and Show-Off. Show-Off is my favourite; hands down.

old_gonzo
07-08-2001, 10:30 AM
to Clear Pearl. Nice enhancement to the Blitz.

07-08-2001, 08:02 PM
I agree with Arcticwhite - the Clear Pearl is my favorite QD hands down - I do have some Speed Shine but I still haven`t used it yet - I hope the shelf life of all of the stuff I have purchased is pretty long because I`ve got a ton - after I`ve used the Speed Shine I`ll express my ever-so-humble opinion...

tom p.
07-09-2001, 06:56 AM
now called Speed Shine, for a long time. I had my intial introduction to it when I first tried clay and still prefer it over others (non-carnauba QD) for lubrication during the clay-ing process.

If I want to freshen the shine up following a wash, I will reach for Show Off or Pinnacle`s Crystal Mist (??) QD.

imported_Woodie
10-17-2009, 11:19 AM
I have made peace with the fact that I am at a disadvantage against the likes of Bill as far as posting is concerned, and will have fewer entries into the draw for the raffle.

I have therefore decided to make use of the "Ready for winter" promotion (even though I am in SA and we`re going into summer :clap:) and have placed an order for items totalling +-$200. I am therefore going to pretend that I`ve won and will get very excited when the courier arrives with my goodies :D.

imported_BretFraz
10-17-2009, 05:31 PM
Now that`s a good attitude. I like it, good on ya!

SSTG
10-17-2009, 05:38 PM
Nobody is going to beat Bill.

Old Pirate
10-17-2009, 05:59 PM
We all have to wait for the contest to be over to find out, anybody could be the winner.

bmw5541
10-17-2009, 06:28 PM
Way to go Woodie:clap:

Old Pirate
10-17-2009, 06:36 PM
We are going to have to wait and see who is going to win. Remember any one can win.........

imported_Flash Gordon
10-17-2009, 09:46 PM
I have made peace with the fact that I am at a disadvantage against the likes of Bill as far as posting is concerned, and will have fewer entries into the draw for the raffle.

I have therefore decided to make use of the "Ready for winter" promotion (even though I am in SA and we`re going into summer :clap:) and have placed an order for items totalling +-$200. I am therefore going to pretend that I`ve won and will get very excited when the courier arrives with my goodies :D.

There you go, I like positive ppl :smile:

Now that`s a good attitude. I like it, good on ya!

Thats what makes this site the best :thumbup:

Nobody is going to beat Bill.

Maybe not, but I`m willing to permenantally callius my index fingure trying :out:

We all have to wait for the contest to be over to find out, anybody could be the winner.

As long as your initials are B.L. :cursing:

Way to go Woodie:clap:

Yes Woodie is proving himself to be quite the man :hurray:

We are going to have to wait and see who is going to win. Remember any one can win.........

Are you saying the contest will not nescecearally be won by the person with the most post? ~~~ See guys we still have a chance + theres 2 other prizes I beleive :drool5:

imported_Stokdgs
10-17-2009, 09:51 PM
Good luck with this, Woodie from S/A !
Coming from the Northwest, would love to be able to say that summer is approaching instead of the yucky wet/cold/freezing/snowing/freezing/raining/wet/cold/freezing/snowing/yucky - did I say cold ?? :)
Good luck to everyone - hope we all enjoy this year to the end and have lots to look forward in 2010 !!

Thanks PAC for all the awesome help and interest in your member/customers..

Dan F

imported_User Name
10-17-2009, 10:28 PM
Woodie,

I appreciate your candor and honesty, but moreso, the fact that you gave me yet another opportunity to build my ticket tally as well.

I will fight Bill to the death if I must, but I am planning on winning this ``````` of an event!!! :drool5: