PDA

View Full Version : "Neighbor" comments.............

Pages : [1] 2

khomdrom
07-07-2001, 07:18 PM
Have anyone tried Auto Glym Super Resin Polish and Extra Gloss Protection (2 products)

I want to know how good they are.

Thanks

rmccall6
07-07-2001, 10:19 PM
Ive heard good things about Autoglym...thk=ink of it as the British version of Klasse. Just about everyone here has had great success with Klasse so you safer off with klasse. -Brad

Ron Ketcham
07-07-2001, 10:21 PM
Over all a very good line of quality products.

British, you know, stiff upper lip and that rot!!

JS
07-08-2001, 02:51 AM
I have used the Autoglym products since May--and have been very pleased with the results.

Both products are very easy to use--I initally applied the Super Resin Polish and followed it up with the Extra Gloss Protection. I used microfiber towels to buff them both off--it was very easy. Applied a second layer of the Extra Gloss Protection one week later (you don`t have to, though).

Products leave a very nice finish on the paint. Two months later, and it looks like it was applied yesterday--and as crazy as it sounds, actually looks a bit glossier (to my eyes anyway).

One thing I wish I had tried, was letting them cure longer re: Ron K`s posts regarding polymer sealants. Still I`m very pleased with the results--and I have used Blitz, Klasse, P21S, and Meguiars products, among others, so I`m a bit of a fussbudgit.

Also have used the Autoglym car wash and Glass Polish. The Glass Polish works nicely removing various contaminants from the windshield--the car wash is a little weird--not much sudsing action--reminds me of the Sonax Car Wash I used to use. Seems to work okay though--I guess suds aren`t that important.

Recommended by a couple of car makers in Britain according to the labels (including Jaguar, if I rememeber correctly)--I like when I see manufacturers recommending a product to be used on their vehicles.

Bobby G
07-08-2001, 05:31 PM
JS,

I agree. I like the glass polish. The rubber/vinyl protectant is pretty good stuff, too. Not crazy about the shampoo. Works okay, but where are the suds?

db

imported_Blake
07-08-2001, 06:58 PM
I`ve used both the Super Resin and Extra Gloss and was very pleased with them. I presently use Klasse because of all the raves on this forum but there`s nothing wrong with the Autoglym line. I think the Extra Gloss was much easier to polish out than Klasse SG. Both are durable but I never leave my car long enough to see how long the protection will last.

khomdrom
07-09-2001, 07:11 PM
Thanks for all the inputs.

Does the super resin polish contain abrasive agents? Can i use it to black metalic(old) paint? Does the extra gloss really make the paint more glossy? Or i only to use super resin polish?

Blake, which one you prefer, Klasse or super resin polish?

imported_Blake
07-09-2001, 09:18 PM
Super Resin is a cleaner and therefore has some abrasive agents but certainly not harsh. I think the Extra Gloss does add some shine and of course with proper curing periods can be layered where SR probably removes the layer underneath. I did two adjacent panels on a dark green metallic daily driver, one with AutoGlym and one with Klasse and in all honesty I had trouble picking a better finish from an appearance standpoint. My wife who has no interest in polishes said she thought the panel with the AG was shinier. I really don`t think you would go wrong with either product but if you haven`t bought either yet then buy Klasse cause you will get more tips about its use here.

My Garage Queen is Black and has Klasse layered on it. I can tell you that these Resin (synthetic) products really are great for working on a black car.

Michael H
07-09-2001, 09:27 PM
The BIG drawback with Autoglym is the white residue its leaves on trim. One great thing about Klasse is that it makes the trim look great!

JS
07-09-2001, 10:45 PM
Having used both Klasse and Autoglym I`m tempted to say I prefer Autoglym...though it`s tough for me to compare shine between the two because I never used both on the same car.

One thing about Autoglym--the Extra Gloss Protection was much easier to buff off than Klasse Sealant Glaze. That`s a big plus, to me. On the other hand, as noted above, Autoglym tells you to keep their product away from vinyl, whereas with Klasse, vinyl is no problem.

I`d say that the comments Blake gave you regarding the Autoglym products (abrasiveness and layering) were very accurate.

Really, the Klasse and Autoglym sealants are both fine products and you couldn`t go wrong with either one.

imported_Blake
07-10-2001, 07:37 AM
It`s kinda like "Apples and Apples". The above comment about Extra Gloss bieng easier than the Klasse counterpart is definitely right on. I don`t believe the effort required by Autoglym is anything compared to the Klasse Super Gloss. As always you have to apply Very thin coats.

khomdrom
07-10-2001, 06:45 PM
So basicly, Klasse and Autoglym has the same good quality.

Thanks everyone, i m going to try autoglym a.s.a.p

515colfelt
07-11-2001, 02:31 PM
I`ve used Autoglym Resin polish and extra gloss for at least ten years-because you can`t get much else in the U.K.

The resin polish can be a bit abrasive for my liking, I have used Superglym which is supplied to the trade in England (It has a pink colour and has just been reformulated)I have achieved good results with 3M Handglaze and a couple of layers of Extra gloss protection.Handglaze certainly gives a good base on the cars at work.I was hoping that Klasse would be more durable if I could get it.

Toyota Yaris SR

Volvo V40

imported_Luster
10-17-2009, 09:41 AM
What are your favorite (or least favorite!) comments from your neighbors and what`s your response?!!!!

The classic:

"It`s going to rain!!!!!"

The answer:

"Good! That means I get to wash it again tomorrow!!!!"

bigpoppa
10-17-2009, 10:15 AM
I rarely actually get comments, I detail for a few of my closer neighbors, cars so they think nothing of it when I`m out washing/vac`ing my car all the time.

The ones that live furthur down the street look at me like I have 2 heads when they see me washing my car for the 2nd time in 4 days. I was able to avoid a lot of looks this summer when I was washing my car at 6:45 a.m. :D No one else was even awake yet!