PDA

View Full Version : Your favorite step in a detail

Pages : [1] 2

old_gonzo
07-07-2001, 05:44 PM
I picked up the Stoner Invisible Glass today as many of you feel it is a great glass cleaner - good enough reason to give it a shot. The application instructions state to spray the glass directly (don`t like this idea). Does anyone spray their towel instead of directly on the glass? I really hate overspray, but was wondering about the effectiveness of the cleaner if sprayed on the towel instead. Any comments? (The glass on this car only sees periodic dust and an occasional insect splatter - rarely dirty).

old_gonzo
07-07-2001, 08:05 PM
No comments on application? I thought for sure someone could comment on this.

Cork
07-07-2001, 08:15 PM
I usually spray towards the center of the windshield and spread around with a lint free cloth. Works fine for me this way. Im sure it would work fine by spraying onto the cloth first, It would probablly just use more product because of what the cloth would absorb.

crimbeaux
07-07-2001, 08:20 PM
I took DavidB`s advice and started using a damp miracle towel followed by a dry miracle towel. I don`t even need glass cleaners anymore!

young&good
07-09-2001, 07:05 AM
I have been using the Stoners glass cleaner and I basically apply it like the other poster said he does. I spray it in the center of the windshield and then wipe it all around the glass area. I felt it worked very well, my glass was queaky clean and no streaks.

young&good
07-09-2001, 07:08 AM
I guess I need another cup of coffee. I meant to say squeaky clean.....sorry about that.

Greek Guy
07-09-2001, 07:41 AM
I spray the windshield with Invisible Glass then wipe it off with a Miracle Towel. No streaks.

old_gonzo
07-09-2001, 11:06 AM
That spray the center of the windshield to apply, how is the overspray with this stuff? If you have gotten it somewhere other than the windshield - does it stain, is it easy to buff off? Thanks.

Brad B
07-09-2001, 11:09 AM
I spray directly on the windshield and hold a rag at the base of the glass so the overspray directed by the angle of the windshield goes into my towel.

bmw5541
10-17-2009, 09:25 AM
Just curious...

What is everyone`s favorite step of a full detail?

I love applying and removing the LSP. Nothing like finishing the last step and looking at the beautiful finish you just created. There is something so special about that smooth glossy finish just after the final coat of the LSP is removed:drool5:

What do you all think?

imported_Luster
10-17-2009, 09:30 AM
I`d have to say that the paint polishing process is my favorite.

(My least favorite being interiors... no suprise there!):smile:

Deep Gloss
10-17-2009, 11:09 AM
Jeweling/burnishing the clear

Mike Murphy
10-17-2009, 11:19 AM
Paint correction by far! Although most customers notice/want a clean interior I just don`t get the joy out of interiors that I do in p.c.

FJF
10-17-2009, 11:24 AM
I vacillate between polishing (with a rotary) and applying/removing the LSP.

imported_glfahlc
10-17-2009, 12:11 PM
seeing the finish product has to be the fav for me and i`m sure my back would agree...