PDA

View Full Version : Anything you would like to see in The Shine Insititue?

polevltr
07-07-2001, 12:03 PM
24 hours and I will begin a massive interior cleaning project that I will have before and after pictures for. I have all my products ready to go except for brushes and a decent vacuum.

I need to get (and locally since time is an issue...)

1) Carpet brushes.

2) Leather brushes.

3) A good quality, semi-afforable vacuum cleaner.

4) Compressed air and imagine some type of vent brushes.

Any last minute quick ideas?

Thanks!

Dave C.

rmccall6
07-07-2001, 02:15 PM
As far as leather brushes, when using Lexol (on non-coated leather), the best tool I`ve ever used to scrub with is those mesh smonge doilies that your wife (or perhaps you) have in the shower. You use less saolution (less residue to rinse off), it lathers up really nicely, and its slight abrasiveness scrubs dirt and oils very well. Copressed air can be found very cheaply at CMA. I beleive its called Air Gust or something, its a can of compressed air. Look for a shop vac at you local hardware store...make sure it has a carpet tool (carpets duh), a crevice tool (inbetween seats) and a soft brush tool (leather, control pannel, and headliner). -Brad

Todd@RUPES
10-16-2009, 10:34 PM
Any articles you guys would like to see in The Shine Insititute?Link to the Shine Insitute (http://truthindetailing.com/Forum/forumdisplay.php?f=29).

Paul Sparks
10-16-2009, 10:47 PM
Maybe an up-date on the pad chart and info on removing stubborn interior stains ? ?

Paul S

imported_broker99
10-17-2009, 08:48 AM
how about wetsanding? For example filling in stratches or stone chips with touch up paint then wetsanding.

Mike Murphy
10-17-2009, 11:13 AM
I see ,all the time, people asking for videos on paint correction. They are given pointers but that leaves alot to the imagination. They`re also told to practice, start with a pc among other suggestions, but that seems to lead to more confusion.

I wonder if TID took the time to make and post some videos showing the process, i.e. amount of product, pressure, pad choice, speed, movement, that droves people wouldn`t flock to this site and become loyal customers of PAC. I think that would seperate TID from the rest of the forums by a large margin.

Just a thought.

imported_glfahlc
10-17-2009, 12:19 PM
I see ,all the time, people asking for videos on paint correction. They are given pointers but that leaves alot to the imagination. They`re also told to practice, start with a pc among other suggestions, but that seems to lead to more confusion.

I wonder if TID took the time to make and post some videos showing the process, i.e. amount of product, pressure, pad choice, speed, movement, that droves people wouldn`t flock to this site and become loyal customers of PAC. I think that would seperate TID from the rest of the forums by a large margin.

Just a thought.

i agree, i think i learn quicker from actually seeing it being done as opposed to someone trying to talk me through it...

Strs90
10-17-2009, 12:23 PM
I agree with Mike on videos. I have learned far more through watching videos but especially ones that are in a high enough resolution to actually see the process.

imported_BretFraz
10-17-2009, 05:33 PM
Anything you would like to see in The Shine Insititue?

Ummm.... correct spelling? :tongue::p

Old Pirate
10-17-2009, 06:01 PM
Proper Suede cleaning.......

David Fermani
10-18-2009, 07:51 AM
I`d love to see one on using a PC for sanding. I`ve been dying to try this. Especially with higher grades/grits of sandpaper.