PDA

View Full Version : Favorite/best old car tv commercial

Pages : [1] 2

Old Guy
07-06-2001, 01:36 PM
Although I am a happy Blitz wax user, I am tempted to try out the P21S wax, reputed to give one of the best shines available.

Any Blitz users with feedback when comparing the two?

Shine, ease of application and removal, and longevitiy comparions would be appreciated!

I`ve heard that the the longevity is very short when compared with Blitz wax.

P21S over Klasse SG?

I guess the itch to try everything with a good rep is tough to avoid.

Thanks in advance for your input.

pingiii
07-06-2001, 01:48 PM
I have tried both waxes and I do like both of them.

I found that it went on and off as easy as the Blitz. It has a bees wax base so it won`t leave the white residue on your vinyl like the Blitz.

The shine is a little deeper than the Blitz, but the down side to the P21S is, it doesn`t last as long as the Blitz.

A good wax for the price, and recently it was improved by CMA so it doesn`t streak on dark colors. You won`t get burnt if you try it out on your ride.

I`d still rate the Souveran as the best shine, the Blitz as the longest lasting, and the P21S as a close third in the ease of use department. Not a bad product for the price. Enjoy!

07-06-2001, 02:03 PM
I know that Tim at Tacscar is a big fan of P21S, but I do know that he prefers Blitz. P21S is more for a garage queen, Blitz is more for real-world applications.

AvuS4, check out Top Of The Line`s waxes, they are manufactured by the same people that make Pinnacle waxes, but they have different formulations. I`m eager to try their two waxes.

ALM
07-07-2001, 02:19 PM
Henry- FYI, If you have diffuculty removing the Blitz (or anyother wax for that matter) try a QD spray such as EF Clear Pearl.....the same concept as using FI to remove Klasse SG. When you tried the Blitz did u allow it to sit for about 15 minutes? I`ve never had a problem buffing out Blitz, but on the other hand if your happy with P21s then by all means use it!

crimbeaux
07-07-2001, 02:40 PM
I`ve found Blitz to be extremely easy to buff out. I don`t use it all that sparingly either! I do let mine dry for at least a half-hour, and of course always in the shade, after the engine has cooled, and using a genuine Miracle Towelâ„¢. I have never needed to use any QD to get Blitz off

tom p.
07-07-2001, 06:34 PM
...Blitz once again. The P21S is easier to use and may provide a slightly superior shine but cannot match durability. So, if you are concerned about having to wax frequently and don`t have the time, stick with BLITZ.

ALM
07-07-2001, 09:15 PM
Henry, you dont need a QD but it helps a bit!

Bobby G
07-08-2001, 03:25 PM
The surface from P21S and Blitz is about par. P21S does not turn white in crack and on plastic/rubber, and P21S does not create a static charge... Blitz does. Durabilty on any wax is suspect. If you want durability, use a synthetic (JMHO).

db

imported_Tom
10-16-2009, 04:44 PM
Does anyone else remember the Audi going up the ski jump, or the VW commercial asking-`how does the snowplow driver get to the snowplow` ??

Don`t remember exactly when but for some reason I remember the spots.

Oh yeah, how about the Volvos with a stack of cars on top...

imported_broker99
10-16-2009, 05:14 PM
Here is one of my all time favs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Fb_H2Qiivg

FJF
10-16-2009, 05:32 PM
This one is my favorite:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zcm4oS9IaM

imported_mobenzowner
10-19-2009, 08:19 AM
It`s certainly not my favorite but for some reason sticks with me is the Chrysler Cordova commercial with Ricardo Montoban and the "rich corinthian leather". I think Saturday Night Live did a spoof or something about it.

WonderTwin
10-19-2009, 11:40 PM
"Quien es mas macho?"

Prob`ly not the same skit that you have in mind, but every time I think of Ricardo Montalban, I am reminded of the skit where Bill Murray posed the question above.

mikeyg402
10-20-2009, 12:36 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8avOiTUcD4Y

hands down the funniest car commercials! :w00t::w00t:

:thumbup::wink:

imported_glfahlc
10-20-2009, 01:06 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8avOiTUcD4Y

hands down the funniest car commercials! :w00t::w00t:

:thumbup::wink:

RTFLMAO!!!!!! hilarious.... but the commercial i thought about was when they drive the volvo off the bridge. THEN THE GUY OPENS THE DOOR AND WALKS AWAY.