PDA

View Full Version : Zaino Products

Pages : [1] 2 3

eldon
07-06-2001, 09:42 AM
Any fluid to use that will not stain paint?

Brad B
07-06-2001, 10:54 AM
I use "Autobahn" brand from Audi/VW dealers. It is a bit smelly, but it never stains or makes rings.

jkochis
07-06-2001, 03:22 PM
I use the cheap stuff from gas stations or discount stores, and have never had any staining or ring problems. Perhaps there is something "known" to be bad, but I havent found it.

If someone knows something "for a fact" that is currently sold, and can name manufacturer or brand name, now that would be extremely interesting.

eldon
07-06-2001, 03:43 PM
RH- I`ve had two instances where either the various fluids that came with the vehicle or cheapie blue stuff left permanent stains near the sprayers on the hood in the image of the sray pattern. I wish manufacturers would just put them in the well at the base of the windshield.

jkochis
07-06-2001, 03:58 PM
Ok, then I`ll ask...what condition was paint in when this occured? Any wax or sealant? Clearcoat? What did you attempt to remove the stains with? Did they come out?

07-06-2001, 04:49 PM
303 windshield washer tablets would probably be cool, or P21S washer fluid concentrate.

eldon
07-06-2001, 05:54 PM
In both cases the paint was new clearcoat (Honda). On an older car I was infrequently using carnuba, on the 98` I was rarely maintaning the vehicle (I know this contributes to the my fault factor). Tried SMR #9 or AIO to remove, no results. Paint permanently stained it appears, I will try compound. At this point as I again have the time to pay daily attention to my vehicles, my concern is focused on the time period it takes for the product to damage the surface. If I can get to it say within a day or so, can I stave off any damage? Which brings me back to the initial question, is there anything out there (that will not freeze) that does not require this amount of attention?

[Edited by crv on 07-06-2001 at 04:10 PM]

imported_theamcguy
07-06-2001, 06:53 PM
I have the same problem with my truck. The stains are white. You can see them on the winshield where the wipers stop and seem to "push" the fluid into the spos. It also runs down under my side mirror. I think I`ll try some vinegar and alcohol.

Koyaanisqatsi
07-06-2001, 07:49 PM
I use water and the P21S additive only. It works amazingly well at removing bugs and doesn`t leave much residue at all. In the Winter I figure washer fluid is the least of my worries with the salt and ice all around, but I try and use a name brand like prestone or one of the more popular brands. I have never seen staining that I couldn`t get off with a little polish but have seen the swelling around the nozzles that some have spoken of.

eldon
07-06-2001, 09:34 PM
I am toying with the idea of the P21S and water. I live in the coastal south, rarely see a hard freeze, only at night. Vehicles are garaged. Maybe during winter I can add a bit of the anti-freeze type just in case. I don`t notice the paint being raised, merely severely clouded. Wish I had a digital cam. What bothers me is the idea that on the 01`, which I am keeping pristine, might get stained after a single use followed by a day in the sun when driven by my wife.

Koyaanisqatsi
07-06-2001, 11:29 PM
My wife drives a 00 milano red civic that get Klassified regularly and the P21S- water combo works great. It leaves some faint spots where it dries if you use a lot of it but the nature of honda nozzles ends up putting a little on the hood. The spots come right off the Klasse with some quick detailer. I use Meguiars #34 Final inspection. Incidently I use two full shots of the P21S to 1 gallon of water. Still its pretty diluted stuff. Light gold in color. Come to think of it I need to order some more. You can get it at this pages sponsor CMA. I usually tack it on to a larger order.

Steve A
07-07-2001, 12:10 PM
Started using Rain-X de-icer last winter in upstate NY, and it does outperform the generic blue stuff. Also applies a Rain-X coating to the windshield. Haven`t had any issues with staining or spots.

Tucson buffer
10-16-2009, 04:32 PM
Hey All...Isn`t their a thread from sometime back, that someone took the time to explain the how to`s and what for`s on Zaino products? Can`t seem to find it in the search engine....any leads would be greatly appreciated...thanks

Puckman
10-16-2009, 05:36 PM
What are your questions specifically?

imported_Stokdgs
10-16-2009, 05:50 PM
Tucson,
Many of us have alot of years using all Zaino products along with other products as the customer/s dictate.
I can tell you from my personal experience up here where it rains alot and then looks like its going to snow alot more from now on, that the Zaino acrylic polymer sealant is probably one of the best for longevity and clarity of the paint.
There are others who will say that this is true, but the "pop" of the clarity is not as good as other products.
It is all in what YOU/customer see in the paint that determines how much you like it.
We can discuss more specifics when you give us those, ok ?
DanF