PDA

View Full Version : What`s your Carnauba

Pages : [1] 2

Bob Post
07-05-2001, 08:33 PM
I like it! Absorber who???? I was going to keep the Absorber

as a supplement towel, but the Water Bandit looks like it will do it all. I especially like the pitted/dimpled suface

because if a speck of dirt gets on the surface, hopefully it

won`t do as much damage as it looks like it will be drawn into one of the dimples, and not dragged across the surface

of my car, like in the Absorber. You guys (and gals) were right, it`s much softer (which is why I got rid of the Absorber, too hard for my tastes) and looks to be pretty sturdy. I`m not dismissing the Absorber as a lot of folks here use it but the Water Bandit is a great towel, well worth the extra 6 bucks or so over the other shammy. If anybody else was on the fence about getting one (like I was)

you should go ahead and make the plunge, well worth it. By the way, who on this site owns/operates kleanride.com?

I was a little put-off by the paper bag packaging, do you ship this stuff yourself? Does not matter, just curious.

pingiii
07-05-2001, 08:39 PM
That`s Dale`s hi-tech packaging! Enjoy!

scottybob1
07-05-2001, 09:46 PM
I love my water bandit, what a great product. Heck, I even bought one for my stepfather. After I use mine, I wring it out really good, fold it back up, and put it back into the plastic container. By doing this its protected, damp, and soft for the next use....typically the next day. BTW, I loved the super market brown paper bag shipping package...we all got a kick out of that. Don`t see to many paper sacks anymore, its all cheap plastic.

Kleanride
07-05-2001, 10:20 PM
Yeah, I do about 90% of the packaging, and the paper bag thing is cheap and works fine (so far). I know it looks tacky but I don`t care, that how I can afford to give you guys better deals then on the website!

Hope everyone is enjoying the bandit!

drd

07-05-2001, 10:30 PM
I liked my grocery store paper bag wrapping! It gives it that personal touch!

Glad you ordered the Water Bandit; many of us have been trying to get people to try it.

Don2000g
07-05-2001, 10:50 PM
Yeah, the WaterBandit rocks! Beau, are you using your absorber at all anymore. My Water Sprite is sitting and sitting. Laters.

Bob Post
07-06-2001, 06:48 AM
Great product, the WaterBandit. I don`t see them anywhere else, who developes it? Thanks for the free paperbag, I used it to put my lunch in!

Kleanride
07-06-2001, 07:00 AM
well, in this rich, up scale store we have here called Cub............!

rmccall6
07-06-2001, 12:05 PM
The Water Bandit is by far the best chamios ive ever used period. Anyone who doesn`t have one owes it to themselves to buy one from Dale...and Dale i like the paper bag wrapping, like beau said, personal touch. -Brad H.

pingiii
07-06-2001, 01:24 PM
Used my Bandit for about the 6th time, this morning. For the first time, I stored it damp in the container and left it hanging on the pegboard in the garage. It was there about a week.

When I pulled it out this morning, noticed a slight musty or moldy smell to it. I was very suprised. Rinsed it with the hose, and after a little use, it seemed to go away. Has anyone else noticed this in their Bandit?

Anyway, it was the first time I did not wash it in the washer after using it, so maybe it picked up something from my last washing.

I will wash it tonight, when I get home, and from now on, let it air dry completely, and store it that way.

It really is a great tool in drying. The Bandit in one hand, and a Miracle towel in the other hand, is about the best I`ve ever used to dry my vehicle.

Let me know if anyone else has had a problem with an odor in their Bandit, and how you would get rid of that musty smell, without damaging the Bandit. Till now, I just wash it in Tide Free. Enjoy!

07-06-2001, 02:30 PM
Hey Don, my Absorber is gathering dust. Just don`t need it anymore. I guess it will have to make friends with the rest of my detailing supplies I`ve replaced.

Don2000g
07-06-2001, 03:35 PM
It would be kind of cool if we could all get together for a big garage sale and see all the products we have and are no longer using. I`d make a killing. I wish Jason would give me an email or post here again. Many products that I`d like to get rid of that I know he could put to use as he details on the side.

ihetenyi
07-07-2001, 07:57 AM
To ditch the water sprite and get an order in for the bandit! After washing the jetta (which isn`t exactly a suburban) last night and spending way the heck too much time drying it with the Sprite (and assorted towels) AND getting chewed out by the GF (again for taking too much time) I decided to jump ship to the bandit. Can`t wait for that high tech packaging to show up! Actually, as long as it saves money and keeps Dale providing us with great products I`ll take all my orders in a paper bag :).

Thanks guys for bringing this to the board.

Steve

bmw5541
10-16-2009, 01:29 PM
I know that BFWD is HUGE here (and I will be applying it soon), but what are your favorite carnaubas?

I can`t afford some of the more expensive ones, but out of the waxes that I have used, I love Natty`s Red.

imported_RaskyR1
10-16-2009, 01:42 PM
Souveran
Super Natural
M16
M26
P21S
Still need to try my Midnight Sun..