PDA

View Full Version : What ar eyour favorite Quick Detailers

Pages : [1] 2 3

jtcollier131
07-05-2001, 04:36 PM
I have purchased a 96 BMW Z3 a few weeks ago. This car has black paint, and is in need of help. I have washed the car and can see fine scratches in the clearcoat. Over all the paint has a hazy look to it. I have read about clearcoat finishes on this website. Now I need some help to know what`s the best products to bring this paint back to life? I don`t what to purchase the wrong polish or wax and make things worse. All I have right to polish and wax with is arm power, keep that in mind.

Mike

07-05-2001, 04:40 PM
Mike, I would suggest 3M Finesse It II, or 3M Perfect It Fine Cut Rubbing compound. These products will remove your scratches.

To protect the paint, I`d suggest a German acrylic sealant called Klasse. They have two products; All-In-One which is a cleaner/sealant, and Sealant Glaze which is just a sealant.

Don2000g
07-05-2001, 05:01 PM
As usual, Beau is right on the money.

Bob Post
07-05-2001, 08:08 PM
I would clay the car first, then use 3M Finesse-it, then

3M IHG, then Klasse products (both) or Zaino, or Finish First(less steps, about the same shine/protection) and then

top it off with Blitz Wax, as the polymer sealants tend to make Blk look too "glossy". The carnuba will impart a nice,

deeper, wetter looking shine and will take some of the "gloss" or "gleem" off of the polymer sealants. Zaino is good stuff, but you`ll be applying it forever (various steps) so Klasse would edge Zaino out slightly. Plus Zaino

is a wallet-drainer, but if you have the cash and time....

Finish First is a great, one step product and it`s very easy

on the wallet. The protection is about the same as the above

products and goes on and off easily, in one step. My Black

Bimmer was actually too glossy for me (a credit to the product, as that same gloss looks good on lighter colored vehicles) so I toned it down with a topper of Blitz wax, which really gave me the protection of a polymer and the

shine of a carnuba, the best of both worlds. My buddy uses Zaino on his ride, but when we put the cars together, we can`t tell which looks better, a testament to FF because it

achieves the same shine, but in one step. Cost only

17.00-20.00 bucks. It`s funny, but in a "gloss meter test"

or something like that, when they tested the gloss using some machine, all of the above did well, but I think some cheap crap beat everything else out, forgot what it was though. Good luck, sorry so long.

jkochis
07-05-2001, 09:40 PM
The problem with black and Blitz in the summer is that longevity becomes an oxymoron. Go Blitz if you like to rewax often...very often.

07-05-2001, 10:41 PM
Using Imperial Hand Glaze before a cleaner like All-In-One is useless. The chemicals used in IHG to hide scratches will be removed by the AIO.

old_gonzo
07-06-2001, 11:35 AM
Besides, the 3M IHG only serves to fill in the imperfections, not rid the surface of them.

jtcollier131
07-06-2001, 12:10 PM
Where is the best place to get 3M Finesse It II, or 3M Perfect It Fine Cut Rubbing compound on line? What is the best applicator for these products? Also how well does Klasse AIO hold up to 118 degree weather? I live in Hell or Phoenix AZ.

Thanks for your input, everyone.

ihetenyi
07-07-2001, 08:15 AM
I can say from what I`ve seen on the board the klasse AIO and SG products are recommended for harsh conditions such as Arizona. They should hold up very well, especially compared to standard wax protection.

jtcollier131
07-09-2001, 04:24 PM
There are about 5 different types of 3M Finesse It II: fine cut, med. cut, rubbing compound, ect. Any ideas on which one to use? Need help with full name of product.

Thanks for the help so far.

ALM
07-09-2001, 04:29 PM
Mike- Get the fine cut, cuz as you said the scratches are small. Use the Klasse with the SG and you should be in good shape.

jtcollier131
07-09-2001, 04:43 PM
Thanks for the help Steve.

bmw5541
10-16-2009, 01:22 PM
What QD`s are your favorites?

I love PoorBoys S&G. I have just received my BF Spray Sealant, but haven`t used it yet.

imported_RaskyR1
10-16-2009, 01:44 PM
Last Touch
Z6 & Z8

FJF
10-16-2009, 01:52 PM
FK425 and 148, OID, Ultima QD, DG Marine QD. Love all five.