PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning door jambs

yonghyun
07-04-2001, 02:50 PM
a couple of weeks ago i posted that i used some of that Armor All Wheel Cleaner ( never again!!). well some of the overspray got onto my brake disc and calipers, leaving some odd discolorations.

i called armor alls customer service dept. and they told me to use something called armor all polishing compound #7. what exactly is this product?? and where can i get it.

are there any alternative products i can use to get these stains out of the metal. i`m apprehensive about using armor all products.

jkochis
07-04-2001, 03:01 PM
<blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by jayhway [/i]
<strong class=`bbc`>i called armor alls customer service dept. and they told me to use something called armor all polishing compound #7. what exactly is this product?? and where can i get it.
[/b]</blockquote>

Um, why the heck didnt you ask them those questions while you had them on the phone?

Ron Ketcham
07-04-2001, 05:32 PM
To take some compound and polish your rotors and calipers?

Gee, guess they have some real car guys on the phones!

What you did was clean build up off the parts, if you want them even, spray them evenly and that will clean the crap off them.

Man, the world of mass market car care products, real geniuses.

WonderTwin
10-16-2009, 08:58 AM
What is the most efficient way to clean the jambs without making a soapy mess, yet at the same time preventing any sort of micro marring on the painted areas? Do you do door jambs first or last?

Usually I take a terry cloth (I use a chenille mitt for the exterior), wet it with the shampoo, wring it so it is not dripping and wipe over the jambs and then rinse it the same way I washed it. But with this method, there are no suds to suspend the dust particles.

imported_Luster
10-16-2009, 09:01 AM
I saturate the door jambs with APC, let is soak for about 5 minutes. Then I scrub with an old paint brush or toilet brush, depending on the size and shape of the jamb. Rinse with a stream of water and it`s done!

imported_Bunky
10-16-2009, 06:10 PM
I use ONR on jambs.

Puckman
10-16-2009, 07:09 PM
I use ONR on jambs.

Great idea bunky.

imported_Lasthope05
10-16-2009, 07:38 PM
I use ONR also. But if they are really dirty I hit them with APC first then ONR as usual.

imported_akimel
10-16-2009, 07:49 PM
I use ONR on jambs.
+1.

I also use an ONR-dampened towel to wipe down the engine bay periodically.

WonderTwin
10-17-2009, 12:24 AM
Excellent! That sounds a whole lot better than my way, aka, the hard way.

bigpoppa
10-17-2009, 07:19 AM
If they are really bad, you can clean them with an APC before washing, and hose out. Obviously be careful not to soak the interior with the hose.

Other wise, a bucket of ONR with a few MFs works great.

Todd@RUPES
10-17-2009, 08:36 AM
I usually just wash them... Soap/mitt/pressure wash. Some jambs (like a 4 door) this wouldn`t work, but on most of the car`s I do, it is fairly easy to pressure rinse them with out getting water on the interior.

My wash process is usually: (Wheels,Tires,Wheel Wells), (Jambs, Engine, Trunk), (Body). Save the biggest but easiest for last.

WonderTwin
10-17-2009, 02:45 PM
Um... yeah, the engine *cringe*. I gotta do some readin` up `bout that...

bmw5541
10-17-2009, 06:39 PM
+1.

I also use an ONR-dampened towel to wipe down the engine bay periodically.

I second the nomination:iagree: