PDA

View Full Version : Mr. Clean?

imported_Mark
07-03-2001, 06:09 PM
Is hazing the dulling of the paint finish that occurs when you use a significantly abraisive product to remove imperfections?

old_gonzo
07-03-2001, 08:39 PM
Sort of looks "cloudy" on the finish, maybe "smeared" would be another way to describe it.

unexplainedbacon
10-15-2009, 08:20 PM
So for the last couple years Ive washed my car using one of those Mr. Clean Auto Dry kits. Basically is a gun that shoots soap, fresh water, and a D.I. rinse (separately of course) to dry without using a towel.

Is this a sin? Particularly Effective? Damaging?

Im rethinking all my car care habits since coming to this forum. School me please.

imported_Flash Gordon
10-15-2009, 08:27 PM
LOL.. I thought you were talking about Mr. Clean from Texas...LOL

imported_Flash Gordon
10-15-2009, 08:31 PM
So for the last couple years Ive washed my car using one of those Mr. Clean Auto Dry kits. Basically is a gun that shoots soap, fresh water, and a D.I. rinse (separately of course) to dry without using a towel.

Im rethinking all my car care habits since coming to this forum. School me please.

I have never used this Mr. Clean set-up your reffering to. I personally don`t see how this could hurt your finish.

If you enjoy the Mr. Clean set-up, you would love the foam cannon

Old Pirate
10-15-2009, 08:38 PM

I think it`s time to move up in proper washing methods. Here are some links : http://www.properautocare.com/whprwaytowam.html and also this one :http://truthindetailing.com/Forum/showthread.php?t=1447&highlight=proper+washing, these will help you get started.

EclecTech
10-15-2009, 10:23 PM
I tried the Mr. Clean system with a cotton wash mitt Stop, but the mitt became discolored with road film that did not easily rinse out. Just couldn`t bring myself to wash with a dirty looking mitt. The two bucket method (sans grit guards) with a Sheepskin mitt is what I use for what it`s worth.

Jack

bmw5541
10-16-2009, 02:54 PM
The only bennefit might be the filtered rinse.

MB Fan
10-16-2009, 03:48 PM
I used one on the wife`s car when the first samples were delivered (I worked for P&G). What worked well was to use it more like a foam gun, then proceed with a usual wash, then the rinse with the DI water. From the standpoint that you have a soap dispenser and the DI water in one tool its pretty handy. The issue for me is that you really don`t get foam so you can`t let it sit to soften the grime you have it hit it with the wash mit anyway. I never did try a soap like Eikmans though - I wonder if that might foam more. I may give it a try just for fun.

ziggo99
10-16-2009, 09:38 PM
Like a couple others have stated, the best thing about this is the filtered water system. You can pick up a starter kit for about $8 on amazon which comes with a sample size of soap and a sample filter, which may be good for a wash or two. But the replacement filters are about $6 and good up to 10 washes. Your water at home will depend on on long the filter lasts. But it would be handy to wash your car and just hit it with the filtered water to just leave out the drying step and have no spots when you come back.

Paul Sparks
10-16-2009, 10:54 PM
Bought one when they first came out (04 or 05) and like others have said the water filter was OK but the soap leaved a lot to be desired. Been sitting on the shelf for a long time now.

Paul S