PDA

View Full Version : This is called, "gettin `er done" *video*

t platz
07-03-2001, 05:42 PM
Well...we can`t ALL have PCs, now can we? I was actually steadfastly against buffers until I found this place...and now you guys have me wanting one!

Anyway, I`m considering picking up some Perfect It III, but I don`t have a buffer, and I`m definitely not letting anyone else do it to my car! :D

So, am I SOL here, or should it be effective if applied by hand, as well?

Thanks,

Gary

07-03-2001, 05:45 PM
Well the PC`s aren`t buffers; they`re dual action polishers. The difference is that a buffer is like a drill, whereas a PC goes in concentric motions, so you`re not polishing one particular area all the time.

I`m not sure if Perfect It III is a machine or hand product. But if the people here have been applying it by PC, it should work by hand. When manufacturers say "machine application", they are referring to buffers and not our Porter Cables. Often times these products need the heat generated by buffers to give optimum results.

imported_Adamah
07-03-2001, 06:00 PM
Which Perfect-It 3 product are you wanting to use? I know of at least 4 distinctly different products in that line, maybe more. I use the PI3 Machine Glaze with a Porter Cable and a white polishing pad from CMA and so far its worked great on clearcoat and single stage paint. It does almost nothing when applied by hand.

imported_BretFraz
10-15-2009, 08:01 PM
14 seconds. Hold on!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5EXBiAXiqJ8&feature=player_embedded

Old Pirate
10-15-2009, 08:03 PM
That`s some crazy driving, but I love it when I was over there. It was a blast!

imported_Luster
10-15-2009, 10:23 PM
My gosh that was quick!!!!!!!:driving::driving::driving:

bmw5541
10-16-2009, 02:57 PM
The thing that I am most impressed with is the fact that this guy is driving at 150mph and is still able to record it at the same time. I hope he didn`t have a manual trans:scared:

Puckman
10-16-2009, 05:46 PM
From the look of the car`s speedo it looks like he was going 160 km/h or about 100 mph. Still impressive speed for the passing car. I tried to stop action the vid and it looks like a vette (Bill?).

RustyBumper
10-17-2009, 01:21 PM
I don`t think the guy that was recording was doing 160. The speedo didn`t reflect that, but man that other was well over 180!! That`s gotta be a rush!