PDA

View Full Version : Wiper blades

Pages : [1] 2

ExecutiveDetailer
07-03-2001, 05:01 PM
I have a 02 White Diamond Pearl TL-S but there some brown spots on my hood... they`re reeally tiny brown spots, (probably the size of the hole a thumb tack or a push pin would make).... i waxed my car the other day and it`s still there!! I`m wondering if i should take it back to the dealer and have them fix it. Could it be rust??? It seems like it might be under the clear coat? But I can`t really tell cuz it just blends in with everything. I HIGHLY doubt it`s part of the paint though. Should i try to use a paint cleaner on it? Cuz i have the meguiar 3-step wax and one of them is a paint cleaner.

I wouldn`t prefer to have my car repainted cuz a body shop told me the pearl white is one of the hardest color to paint.

let me know if you guys have any suggestions

rstype
07-03-2001, 05:10 PM
A good idea is to use the paint cleaner or clay bar.

If you waxed over it, you are not removing... actually you may be doing more harm than good. It`s because waxing is <strong class=`bbc`> like [/b] simply painting over a dirty car!

toolmanduff
07-03-2001, 05:13 PM
Sounds like your typical rail dust or airbourn contaminate. Use of a clay bar product should take care of the problem.

07-03-2001, 05:32 PM
Wash, dry. Then clay. Then use a paint cleaner. They`ll probably be gone by then. I agree that it`s probably rail dust that it oxidizing.

Ron Ketcham
07-03-2001, 06:52 PM
All you are removing is the "blooming" of the particle, not the actual minute piece of ferrous that causes it.

And what about the acids that the corrosion generated that is now down in the paint waiting for some moisture and heat to start the process all over again and slowly eat away the resin system of the paint??

At least try to understand the whole chemical process of what is taking place. Clay has it`s uses, but if you don`t stay on top of the condition, in the long term, big concerns.

If it is ferrous oxides, he can tell by looking at the pictures on our site, http://www.autoint.com (`http://www.autoint.com`) and see the pictographs that Ford put together on the last page of the TSB.

It may not be ferrous, could be overspray, stains from some chemicals, etc.

BillNorth
07-03-2001, 08:11 PM
Ron, you mentioned that you deal with ford and mazda, but what about GM? My Dad`s alero has silver mist metallic paint, and the trunk has some of these brown spots. As per advice you gave me in a previous thread, I have NOT clayed or attempted to remove these spots for fear of making them worse. Does GM use the ValuGard Neutralization Process, or will my dealer just clay it if I ask them to fix it? I want these things fixed properly. Can you recommend anybody good in the Toronto area who can get rid of these things for me?

Ron, as always, your advice is greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Ron Ketcham
07-03-2001, 09:49 PM
However, since you are in the Toronto area any Daimler Chrysler dealer has the products under the Master Prep label. It is part of their new vehicle and used vehicle programs.

You may wish to check on our website and contact our distributo located outside of Toronto in Burlington. They can direct you to a dealer or detailer that can help you.

GM is testing, but it is moving slowly with them. There have been numerous personel changes in Warren and that always holds things up.

jkochis
07-03-2001, 10:45 PM
Ron,

Do you know what GM currently uses?

Thanks,

RH

Ron Ketcham
07-04-2001, 05:51 AM
The bulletin they are preparing to supercede has the use of an oxalic acid product, but have had an immense amount of paint and trim claims from use of this type of product.

The bulletin also has the use of clay if the oxalic leaves any particles.

The numbers on the use of the clay show a very large percentage of the vehicles are back within 30 days exhibiting the same concern.

While most here would not see as quick a return of the condition due to the constant washing and waxing of their vehicles, the usual owner does not lavish that sort of attention to their vehicles.

GM, like the others, would like to fix it once and have it done with.

BillNorth
07-04-2001, 07:28 AM
Thanks Uncle Ron! :)

FJF
10-15-2009, 07:32 PM
I need to replace the wiper blades on the daily drivers. Any recommendations as to the product and where it can be had for a good price? TIA

Old Pirate
10-15-2009, 07:46 PM
I got some of the rainx ones and was impress with them. Remember i`m in florida.

Tuck91
10-15-2009, 07:52 PM
I too have also heard good things from the RainX.

imported_Flash Gordon
10-15-2009, 07:54 PM
+1

www.rainx.com/Products/Wiper_Blades/

imported_Bunky
10-15-2009, 08:17 PM
I have liked the Anco brand. Inexpensive and better than some of the very pricey ones.