PDA

View Full Version : Quick connecters for water hoses

Pages : [1] 2

old_gonzo
07-03-2001, 02:01 PM
This stuff looks like GLASS CLEANER. I know that many of you have given a thumbs up to this product and would like to know why you prefer it. Is it supposed to look like glass cleaner in appearance and consistency?

Don2000g
07-03-2001, 03:22 PM
To be honest, I can`t remember what color the liquid is or the texture or consistency of this product. I used it 3 times over a year ago and I was very impressed with its cleaning abilities. A friend of mine got a brand new 325 and had some deep stains on his tan leather. Well the Eagle One cleaner cleaned it up immediately. My friend loved it so much that I just gave it to him. He thanks me quite often for this product.

bv357
07-03-2001, 09:52 PM
I used the Eagle One Leather Conditioner/Cleaner and it left all kinds of spots on my vinyl/plastic in the car. It seemed to clean the leather Ok but any overspray on any plastic parts that I didn`t wipe off left spots.

old_gonzo
07-03-2001, 09:55 PM
Always appreciate honest feedback! :)

jkochis
07-03-2001, 10:06 PM
arcticwhite,

So I take it that you`re not convinced of the "it`s clear coated, clean/treat it like vinyl" theory? I`m with ya, but just wondering?

old_gonzo
07-03-2001, 10:14 PM
You know, it`s probably safe to say that when speaking of clear coated leather it is okay to treat it with 303 and the like - however, there is this small part of me that still has a hard time bringing myself to do that. So yes, at this time, I am still treating my "vinyl - sufaced" leather as though it were non-cleared.

Flames are okay on this...it seems to be such a controversial area. ;)

Don2000g
07-03-2001, 10:20 PM
It makes sense that it will leave spots on plastic and vinyl if you don`t buff it out. That`s a no brainer. Personally, I wouldn`t use it on plastic as its not designed to. I know you said it was overspray though. So obviously just buff out any overspray and the problem you had is gone. You often have to buff out overspray for all sorts of products. When I speak of the Eagle One cleaner, I speak of using it on LEATHER. Also, you mentioned a conditioner/cleaner. Perhaps that`s a different product. I`m speaking about the cleaner.

jkochis
07-03-2001, 10:23 PM
Don,

So you also dont subscribe to the "it`s clear coated, treat it like vinyl"?

RH

Don2000g
07-03-2001, 10:25 PM
We`re talking about a leather cleaner not conditioner. Ron has said before that a leather cleaner is fine to use on any type of leather.

jkochis
07-03-2001, 10:29 PM
Sorry Don, but if it`s clear coated, it`s vinyl coating. Should make absolutely no difference as to whether it`s vinyl or leather. Check Ron`s products, they "clean" both leather and vinyl. What was the basis of your decision to treat the "clear coated vinyl" differently from, say, a dashboard? Thanks.

Don2000g
07-03-2001, 10:37 PM
RH, not quite sure I understand you. I would definitely use a leather cleaner on leather seats and vinyl. I wouldn`t worry at all about that. I don`t care if the leather seats are clear coated or not, I`d probably just use a leather cleaner to clean. Not sure I understand where you get clearcoated vinyl from and distinguishing it from the dashboard.

If you`re talking about my earlier post about overspray, I was referring to overspray. I said that I wouldn`t use a leather cleaner on plastic and I probably wouldn`t. Also oversprary of many products will leave spots. Can you clear up your question a bit for me as its kind of late where I live (10:36) and I don`t seem to get your question. Thanks.

jkochis
07-03-2001, 10:48 PM
Sorry for the confusion Don. I wasnt referring to anything specific, but I did notice that you mention using the Eagle One Leather Cleaner on leather. Yet on other posts you rave about 303. Im wondering why you chose Eagle One "Leather Cleaner" instead of 303 since supposedly the surface is identical to a dashboard which is also vinyl?

Thanks.

Don2000g
07-03-2001, 10:54 PM
Now I get it. I was referring to using a leather cleaner to clean up some stains on leather such as ink stains, grease, etc... For this I`d use a leather cleaner. However, it`s also a good idea to use 303 on leather as it turns out periodically just to condition it up a bit and to add some UV protection. All my posts about 303 were always based on exterior trim, tires and the vinyl dash and plastic surface areas. I had only used 303 on leather seats 2 times in 15 months or so.

Anyway, as it turns out, 303 is great to use on basically everything in the interior, except for glass of course.

jkochis
07-03-2001, 10:57 PM
I`m still confused as to the difference? Should I use Eagle One Leather Cleaner to clean ink stains on a vinyl dash, etc?

Don2000g
07-03-2001, 11:30 PM
I would think you could. There`s a Pinnacle product that is called Leather/Vinyl Cleaner. There are some other products out there that claim to clean both leather and vinyl. I`m sure that is one hell of a product. A bit pricey though. Concours Choice or something like that is another one that claims to clean both leather and vinyl. You can find it at CMA. I`ve had black vinyl on two different cars for 8 years now. So cleaning stains off vinyl has never been an issue for me. Just use a simple soap and water mixture if you don`t want to buy anything separate. Laters.