PDA

View Full Version : Glass Polishing System Refills by Lake Country

ka1srs
07-03-2001, 12:59 PM
My 01 VW GTI w/1500 miles has polycarb lamps and they already have micro-nicks and crap on them.

Luckily (if you want to call it that) there`s some strange leak marks on the inside of the lamps and I`m pretty sure that they`re gonna be replaced.

I want to avoid this and am looking for a place that has cut-to-fit protective film. I could get the "roll" of film from any number of places, but I know I`ll screw it up.

ihetenyi
07-03-2001, 01:32 PM
http://www.xpel.com (`http://www.xpel.com`) has custom scotchcal protection for headlamps are almost any other part of your GTI. I`m doing the same to my Jetta.

imported_blas
07-03-2001, 02:55 PM
I have the Xpel kit for my 1994 Jetta. It works great and fits perfect!

GLenn

Don2000g
07-03-2001, 03:02 PM
I`ve had headlight protection film from Xpel installed on my headlights for over a year. Looks awesome and works great. You can`t even tell that they`re on. I highly recommend them. They come with a $1,000 guarantee.

t platz
07-03-2001, 04:32 PM
When I got xenons for my Passat, I also got an x-pel kit. They`re great...can`t even tell they`re on there unless you look very closely. Great company, as well...I did the install myself, and I wasn`t happy with the results of one of the headlights. They sent me another one!

A word of advice. Install them with the headlights in your car and both the brights and the regular beams on!!! I put my x-pel kit on before mounting the headlights, thinking I`d be able to to a better job. Well, even using a hair dryer, the lights didn`t get hot enough...I had lots of "clouding" on the lenses that took forever to go away. The corners ended up fine, but I have since had to replace both main headlight lenses. When I applied them with the headlights on, they looked better the morning after than the old ones ever did!

Great product...I say get it!

Gary

Don2000g
07-03-2001, 09:55 PM
The XPEL are also made by 3M. The two appear to be very similar if not identical. I paid $54 plus $7 UPS shipping for mine which seems to be a bit more expensive. Also the XPEL film for the headlights are 40 ml thick. Not sure about the ones from CMA. Laters.

ka1srs
07-03-2001, 10:56 PM
I ordered cut-to-fit pieces from Stonguard.

You can apply them with a 3/4H2O 1/4 alcohol solution for best placement.

They said heat them as they`re in their "final" place. Will aid in the "corner problem" that seems common.

Don2000g
07-03-2001, 11:03 PM
Your welcome. Laters.

Old Pirate
10-15-2009, 03:34 PM
You have been asking about getting refills on the Glass Polish for the Glass Polishing Systems by Lake Country and they are now available. Here`s a link for you for everyone : http://classic-motoring.stores.yahoo.net/prglpoki.html you will need to stroll to the bottom of the page and it will be there. Also there is a 3 pack of this great polish for $29.99 item# GPS-POLISH-3, So remember where can you this great product...only at PAC!

Old Pirate
10-21-2009, 03:04 PM
For your glass polishing refills here there are.:hurray:

imported_broker99
10-21-2009, 04:41 PM
Hey Angelo I have couple scratches on my sliding glass door do you know if I can use this kit to remove them. They are not vey deep.

Old Pirate
10-21-2009, 04:47 PM
I think you can, get it a shot.