PDA

View Full Version : A "Must Have" for low profile vehicles!

Pages : [1] 2

ihetenyi
07-03-2001, 11:59 AM
Dumb question - when you have layered wax over an AIO/SG combo, what is the indicator that tells you its time to rewax? Is it the loss of the carnauba appearance, the tactile feel of the paint, or how water beads?

carljr1989
07-03-2001, 12:42 PM
I go with the look of the car. When that awesome 3D wet look starts to fade (every 5 weeks or so) I just put on another Zymol Vintage Glaze coat to renew the look. I use Pinnacle Crystal Mist in between.

old_gonzo
07-03-2001, 01:43 PM
How does the finish feel? You already know what a freshly waxed finish feels like - very smooth to the touch. Do your fingers "grab" a bit more when you are wondering if the carnauba needs to be reapplied? You have basically answered your question by the qualities that you have noticed - lack of carnauba depth, feel of the paint, beading of the paint (controversial area), etc. Take your driving and storage conditions into account as well, and you will know when it is time.

Don2000g
07-03-2001, 03:05 PM
You`ll also know how often to reapply by knowing which carnauba wax you`re using. Some just last longer than others. For example Blitz tends to last twice as long as the Pinnacle Souveran or Pinnacle Paste Glaze. It is a very durable wax. Generally speaking, Blitz will last at least 6 weeks on a daily driver. After 6 weeks, its time to reapply regardless of how you think it looks. If you happen to have any carnauba left, it is probably less than 20% of what it had on the very day you applied it. Laters.

moha
07-03-2001, 03:10 PM
Don, is there anything you need to do in advance of reapplying the Blitz (having previously done the AIO/SG program)like claying or Dawn?

Don2000g
07-03-2001, 03:35 PM
Nothing. If you already have AIO and Sealant Glaze underneath, you shouldn`t do anything to the car besides washing it. You can layer as many coats of Blitz as you like. For the most part, members here keep applying Blitz monthly or so for up to 8 to 10 months. Then we like to start over and remove everything from the paint. We strip with Dawn (for the carnauba removal) and Finesse It 2, Pinnacle Paintwork Cleansing Lotion or All in One (for the SG.)

ALM
07-03-2001, 04:25 PM
Bob- I usually use Final Inspection after washing before I apply Blitz.

Listen to what everyone else said in terms of when to re-wax; look, and feel your car thats the best way to tell, beed-up as Arcticwhite said usually isnt the best way to tell. I would also recomend getting your hands on a QD with Carnuaba wax in it such as Clear Pearl or Crystal Mist (mucho $$$).

moha
07-03-2001, 05:00 PM
Steve, I`m curious why you would use Final Inspection before applying the Blitz? Does it aid in application? I have both the Final Inspection and Clear Pearl. Used the FI for the AIO application and SG removal. I plan to use the CP after I wash it.

ALM
07-03-2001, 05:18 PM
Bob- I like to use FI after I wash my car to remove any water spots and/or small amount or residue left behind from washing (granted its probably not much). It doesnt really aide in the application to the best of my knowledge, heck, it many be hindering it for all I know!... but its just more of a piece of mind thing to make sure im not sealing in any contaminants. I dont really think it hinders it as it doesnt prevent SG from doing its job.

To take off I use Clear Pearl.

imported_Luster
10-15-2009, 02:29 PM
I was at Harbor Freight this week and spotted this Low Profile aluminum floor jack. Regular price is $99 (which is a bargain), with store coupon, it was $59!!! (they had the coupon books right there in the store).

I paid an extra 10 bucks for a 3-year full warranty, for replacement or refund. I got out of there for $75!

Really nice if you have Corvettes, exotics, Camaros, Mustangs, etc. (Lowered vehicles too.)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v333/bluster/03_spiralgray/IMG_3693.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v333/bluster/03_spiralgray/IMG_3694.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v333/bluster/03_spiralgray/IMG_3695.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v333/bluster/03_spiralgray/IMG_3696.jpg

Tuck91
10-15-2009, 02:32 PM
Cool, nice color :D

SilverS8
10-15-2009, 02:38 PM
I was at Harbor Freight this week and spotted this Low Profile aluminum floor jack. Regular price is $99 (which is a bargain), with store coupon, it was $59!!! (they had the coupon books right there in the store).

I paid an extra 10 bucks for a 3-year full warranty, for replacement or refund. I got out of there for $75!

Really nice if you have Corvettes, exotics, Camaros, Mustangs, etc. (Lowered vehicles too.)

No that looks like a deal! :clap: You can get some great stuff at HF sometimes. I have to go check that out at my store.

John M.
10-15-2009, 02:40 PM
Thats an awesome deal!!! Great find!

imported_Luster
10-15-2009, 02:41 PM
No that looks like a deal! :clap: You can get some great stuff at HF sometimes. I have to go check that out at my store.

You have to watch what you buy there. They do carry some junk. But they have some high quality tools also.

When I tell my wife I`m running up to Harbor Freight, she says... "OK, see you in about 4 hours!"LOL

FJF
10-15-2009, 02:42 PM
I was looking at the same jack, but the 3000lb rating concerns me.