PDA

View Full Version : Epoxy Coat Concrete Paint

rmccall6
07-02-2001, 09:31 PM
I have used Lexol Cleaner/Condidtioner thinking it was the best. Now knowing about clear coated leather and reading about how Lexol will just deteriorate the coating, I need to know that if leather is clear coated, how would you clean it. Would you use the same cleaner you use for the vinyl. I use Griots garage interior cleaner...should I use that (its a multi-pourpose cleaner designed for plastic, vinyl and non-coated leather. Sory, I know we covered this quite alot but couldn`t find an awnser. Also, what cleaner would you use to test the leather to see if it is clear coated? Thanks alot for your help -Brad

tthomp82
10-15-2009, 01:00 PM
Have any of yall ever coated the concrete floor of your garage? And, if so, what did you use/ would you recommend doing it? I have been considering it for a while now thinking it might make it easier to keep clean.

imported_memnuts
10-15-2009, 08:22 PM
I did an epoxy coating at my old job. I can`t remember what we used at the tiem. Where the stuff did stick it was tough as nails. Thing is I am sure you know perp is everything. Being this is a machine shop the oil soaked into the floor wrecked havoc with the coating. Inorder fo the epoxy to properly stick you have to remove every atom of oil from the floor.

Paul Sparks
10-15-2009, 08:25 PM
You might want to check out a site called the garage journal. They have a section devoted to the floor coating topic and tons of info on all aspects of garages.

Paul S

imported_Jokeman
10-15-2009, 08:50 PM
You might want to check out a site called the garage journal. They have a section devoted to the floor coating topic and tons of info on all aspects of garages.

Paul S

Yup, great resource for anything garage related. Make sure you get a epoxy that is 100% solids. I know the Wolverine Coatings are considered some of the best out there. Expensive but I have never heard any bad reviews.