PDA

View Full Version : Blackfire products

Pages : [1] 2

TonyTahoe
06-29-2001, 02:58 PM
I was curious on what the difference was between these two Meguiars products. Here is the answer that I received from their email help line:

"The Quick Detailer contains silicones safe for all cured paints. The Professional Final Inspection do not contain silicones. Silicone are not paintable therefore should not be used in paint and body shop environments. Silicones are also protectors and should not be used on freshly painted surfaces for a curing period of 30 to 90 days. However both products are designed to do the same thing."

Thank you,

T.J. Harmon

Meguiars

I guess this means I should not use Quick Detailer to remove SG residue..Ooops! Does Pep Boys carry Final Inspection?

imported_capid1
06-30-2001, 05:11 AM
<blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by Henryk [/i]
<strong class=`bbc`>
CMA recommends Eagle One Wet Wipe n Shine for applying wax and Klasse ... I haven`t tried that product. If anyone can compare FI and Wet I`d love to hear it.
[/b]</blockquote>
SO Eagle 1 shine has no Silicone in it?? I havent tried FI yet but plan on getting a gallon of it, Eagle 1 wipe n shine worked fine for me tho removing Klasse, it was the cheapest is why I bought it, smells awsome too. I think alot of Eagle 1 stuff is underated, always seems as good as Meguiars but cheaper, I still think their car wash is the best out of Mothers/Meguiars too, seems slicker afterwards.

Don2000g
06-30-2001, 10:31 AM
I wanted to do a favor for a female colleague of mine on Thursday. She had some deep scratches and scuffs on her brand new Eclipse. So while at work, I just told her that she could borrow my ride for a few hours and that I`d take hers to work on. Anyway, we exchanged keys and when I got home to get all my detailing supllies, what do you know. I was so stupid that I didn`t bring my home keys with me. I figured "Ahhh, I`ll just stop at a local Napa and buy some products. The only quick detailer they had was the Eagle One product. I bought another bottle of Finesse It 2 and the 3M Swirl Mark Remover.

Anyway, out of pure necessity I had to use the Eagle One Wet Wipe & Shine product to buff out the Finesse It 2 and 3M SMR. Well what do you know. A pretty damn good product really. Buffs out very well and yes the fragrance is pretty nice as well. Don`t know why this product claims to cover or mask hairline scratches though. Damn, there are acutally quite a few good quick detailers out there. For $4 it was a very good buy. I am also one who tends to agree that Eagle One actually does have a few good products. The tire swipes, leather cleaner, leather conditioner, scratch remover, and Wipe and Shine immediately come to mind.

imported_Adamah
06-30-2001, 10:52 AM
I agree with Don, Eagle One makes some good stuff. I`ve used Eagle One aluminum wash for non-clearcoated wheels and their tire cleaner for years. The tire cleaner is an excellent buy at $4.00 a bottle and I have yet to find anything that equals it at any price. Check out their glass cleaner too, another very good product.

eldon
06-30-2001, 06:17 PM
Adam- Could you describe how you use the Aluminum Wash and it`s performance? I picked some up for the interim before placing an larger order to include EFHI.

Also, I was kind of hoping the Final Insp. would smell like the Wipe&Shine, I love the smell. Thanks, Mike.

imported_Adamah
06-30-2001, 06:49 PM
I use it on my polished wheels and my diamond plate rockers the same way. I spray the surface and let it dwell for 20-30 seconds then i use an Oxo wheel brush soaked with my fave car wash to agitate then rinse.

Don2000g
06-30-2001, 06:52 PM
Any car wash that claims to offer Teflon protection is a joke. No such thing.

eldon
06-30-2001, 06:54 PM
Thanks, I assume no problems with staining, etc... Also, do you dillute it at all?

imported_Adamah
06-30-2001, 07:06 PM
Never had a stain problem and I use it full strength. Just make sure your wheels are cool before you use it.

Just read the bottle...it says its also safe for clear coated wheels. Go figure.

Didnt notice you said you were getting EFHI in the future. Are you planning on using it on your wheels? I`ve got a bottle and didnt like it as a wheel cleaner but it has tons of other uses.

Eagle One Alum. wash 3.9¢/oz.

EF Hi-Intensity 25¢/oz.

rstype
07-01-2001, 12:19 AM
I just got an 18 oz. bottle of Eagle One Wet Wipe and Shine for only $3.99 and those big, Viking foam applicators for $2.99 at Autozone today.

The Eagle One was pretty slippery and I will use it when I run out of FI. Excellent product for the price.

The applicators are also great, but pricey ($2.99 for ONE) Nevertheless, they are big enough to grab comfortably.

Both very good products.

07-01-2001, 04:14 AM
Aside from pure convenience, I don`t see the point of purchasing Meguiar`s or Eagle One quick detailers, because One Grand Show-Off is superlative in practically every regard.

And if you do the math, a gallon of Eagle One at $4 per 18 ounces equals $24 a gallon before tax, where as Show-Off is $20.50 per gallon, and no tax when ordered online out of state.

Don2000g
07-01-2001, 08:36 AM
Agreed. But to all you guys out there who give your home keys to a lovely lady and don`t have a quick detailer to buff out the Finesse It 2, then the Eagle One quick detailer is a good buy. Pretty good product to remove the Sealant Glaze too, as it has no carnauba in it. And it does smell pretty good. Laters.

eldon
07-01-2001, 01:11 PM
Adam- I was intending on using the HI primarily as a wheel/tire cleaner, but also as an all purpose as needed. I have clearcoated wheels, but wanted the gentlest wheel cleaner possible. I don`t let them get dirty, but would like something more effective than car wash. rather than scrub the CC, I`d rather use a mild chemical cleaner. Off the shelf, that seemed like the aluminum wash. I am curious as to what HI`s shortcomings were in your opinion, as I am still making up my mind. The fact that the HI comes in gallon size for like $20, and would likely suit my needs dilluted was attractive. Thanks again.

imported_Adamah
07-01-2001, 04:35 PM
crv, the EF-HI left my unclearcoated wheels a little dull while the Eagle One made them much "brighter". It also does a nice job on the aluminum heads and intake manifold on my truck.

If I can find a little spray bottle I could send you some.

TonyTahoe
07-02-2001, 06:46 AM
Beau,

I`m getting some Show Off but I need something to remove SG residue and Show Off has carnuba.

Don,

Usually when I give lovely ladies my home keys its not so I can detail their car! :):)

BTW, Thanks A LOT. Now I will be buying both FI AND Eagle One!