PDA

View Full Version : Menzerna

Pages : [1] 2

Steve A
06-27-2001, 07:24 PM
Did AIO and 2 of the 3 coats of SG today. Car looked better with just the AIO than it ever did with the Mequiar`s 3-step process (Clear coat prep, glaze and Gold Class paste).

Will the high heat and humidity cause a problem with the Blitz application, or should I just go for it?

Don2000g
06-27-2001, 09:42 PM
Well just try layering the Klasse Sealant Glaze and then judge. I`d probably just go for it but that`s just me. Perhaps you will love the way the Klasse looks by itself and will feel content leaving it like that until the heat and humidity diminishes a bit. One thing I`ve noticed is that my climate of extreme heat tends to cause Blitz to attract a bit more dust than any other wax I`ve tried. Don`t know if that will be an issue for you to consider.

I just love hearing testimonial of how the Klasse is so much better than Meguiars. Sure it is. Welcome to the club. Laters.

06-28-2001, 02:33 AM
Hey Steve, I used to do the EXACT same regimen as you! The Meguiar`s 3 Step system.

Klasse may be all you need or like for your Honda. Just give the car a good hard look. Do you like the shine? Or do you want it to have a bit more depth and warmth? Really up to you. Either way you`ll win.

Often when I`m done with my Klasse Kombo I`m like wow, it looks great! And ponder whether I even want to put Blitz on because it will then inhibit me putting on more layers of Sealant Glaze. But I always give in to the almighty Blitz. When I get the urge to add additional layers, I just throw another layer of Blitz on; it`s easy on and off.

Andre'
06-28-2001, 03:03 AM
The only problem i have when detailing in humid weather is that it takes longer for the products to dry or haze. Outher then that you should be ok.

PassatPunk
06-28-2001, 08:56 AM
I just pulled the car in the garage and put a fan blowing at high test in there with me.. closed the door.. and the cure times seemed to have been practically unaffected.

Granted the fan doesnt change the humidity and in turn ability to take on water, but by passing all that air over the car and having all that air circulate about you and the car you give the "fluids" a better chance to evaporate becuase of all air they are being offered.

You see.. that is almost like Ron style answer. All scientific and all.. how did I do?

PassatPunk.

Greek Guy
06-28-2001, 09:04 AM
I would really take a look a see if I liked the way the car looks after using SG. Depends on the look you are after.

If you decide to use Blitz afterwards just make sure it has a little more drying time before you buff it off.

Steve A
06-28-2001, 09:16 AM
Thanks for the replies. I remembered the fan suggestion after I posted. Keeping the door closed is probably a good idea also, since it is cooler inside than outside.

The car looks great with the Klasse, but since I don`t know if it will look "better" with the Blitz topper, I think I`ll go ahead with it.

After all the great advice here, I placed my on-line orders for detailing supplies and gave a bucket full of Mequiars and Armorall products to a kid at work.

ALM
06-28-2001, 09:23 AM
Go for it. Here in Jersey its either hot with 100% humidity, or a deep freeze, and i`ve never really had a problem. If you Blitz the car in your garage or a well shaded area you shouldnt have a problem.

Don2000g
06-28-2001, 09:02 PM
Wow, 3 Steves on the board. Very nice of you to give your other products away. Though it is hard to believe, the Blitz will actually improve the shine and especially the depth a bit. Trust me it will. Laters.

Steve A
06-28-2001, 11:54 PM
Put the third coat of SG on and a layer of Blitz. It really looks good; I don`t have a digi-cam, but you guys know what the combo looks like.

Had some issues removing the SG, but I think it was because it was too thick. The Blitz was easy to apply (dry foam pad) and remove (Viper detailing towels) Also had less problem with it on the black trim than I expected.

Great products and great results from stuff I had never heard of before hanging out here.

Thanks again for info and support. I also belong to the Club Si board, and the atmosphere here is much better.

presidential_detail
07-05-2001, 08:16 AM
How does the AIO affect new cars? The information on AIO states that it removes oxidation, swirl marks, etc. I have a 01 Volvo S60. Do I need a product that does these things? I have read with great interest everyone`s comments on using AIO and SG. Any comments on the best way to procede would be appreicated.

Thanks,

Thomas

Koyaanisqatsi
07-05-2001, 08:43 AM
While I think Blitz does improve the depth of the shine I have shelved it for a while and just use the AIO, SG combo. The residue that Blitz leaves on trim is just too much of a PITA. My truck has a lot of textured black plastic on it that just grabs that wax and holds it. Besides I like the candy shine on my gold truck. I have used the 3m perfect it wax over SG with good results since that stuff doesn`t stain trim at all. The shine is comparable to Blitz but the durability isn`t as good. But hey I wax it once a month anyway. I have also siwtched to the Klasse twins on my milano red honda and really like the look of it on that too. I also like using meguiars #34 as a QD on the Klasse. It really works great. Just one mans opinion but...

Brad B
07-05-2001, 08:45 AM
You don`t need AIO prior to SG <strong class=`bbc`>if[/b] the paint surface is already clean and free from defects.

I do not use AIO on cars that do not need the kind of paint prep that AIO provides. I have applied SG by itself on brand new cars with <strong class=`bbc`>excellent[/b] results.

Having said that, I also have improved the quality of even new car paint by using clay and Finesse It II and/or Pinnacle paint cleansing lotion in that order. I then will use the final wax/sealant of choice. AIO is a good prep but not as good as using specialized products. If convenience and speed is important to you, AIO will work fine.

Keep in mind that even new cars often have dirt and debris in the paint.

ihetenyi
07-05-2001, 08:52 AM
Thomas - I can`t give you a technical explanation, but I can tell you I used aio on my 01 jetta to help clear up some of the problems I had with the car due to the dealer prep (mainly wash swirls). This product is great, easy to use, and has a very light polish. I doubt you could cause any harm to your new paint. Just be sure to use good applicators and towels.

Steve

f55c6
10-14-2009, 07:57 PM
Do you, or should you follow up Menzerna FMJ with a coat of wax?