PDA

View Full Version : 2001 Ford Lightning , only has 544 miles!

Pages : [1] 2 3

rstype
06-21-2001, 12:00 PM
Can someone here rank some microfiber towels? I know that the original CMA Miracle Towels are the best, with the Neatitems being close. But I heard that the Top of the Line Imperial Miracle towels are just as good as the CMAs. And anyone try 3M Perfect-It detailing cloth?

Thanks!

bv357
06-21-2001, 01:02 PM
I tried the 3M detailing cloth. Seems to work ok and doesn`t leave any scratches. Not very plush though and rather thin. Very similar to Mequiars Ultimate Wipe Cloth although Mequiars seems a little thicker and softer.

I haven`t tried the "Miracle Cloth" as it is not readily available in Canada and shipping+duty would make it way too expensive to get it here. I did get a Nicsands towel while in CA last winter and I like that one. It is pretty soft and thick (thicker than the others I have). I like the way that one feels and works.

t platz
06-21-2001, 01:25 PM
How do the Viper towels stack up? I`ve got a Miracle towel and I absolutely love it...

Until yesterday, I had decided to just order CMA`s "microfiber grab bag" but now I worry about the quality of the Viper towels. I definitely want another Miracle Towel, and the viper glass cleaning cloth appeals to me, as well. I`m just worried that the viper cloths might cause swirls when I use them to buff wax or dry my car. Anybody wanna comment on the quality of these towels?

Now I`m considering ordering some of the neatitems.com towels instead...

Thanks,

Gary

Dolphin463
06-21-2001, 01:37 PM
Beware of this topic. I posted a thread this morning about the TOL towels being identical to CMA`s miracle towels at a lower cost and someone deleted the thread within about an hour. Sorry if I offended anyone at Autopia.

jkochis
06-21-2001, 03:31 PM
Hey, I havent tried these towels, but the ValuGard site has the good Korean made ones, at 4 for $18.95... SHIPPED.
http://www.autoint.com/ (`http://www.autoint.com/`)

tonysandiego
06-21-2001, 03:39 PM
The only ones that I have any experience with are the Miracle Towel, Nicsand and 3M Scotch Brite. The 3M are junk in my opinion, and my wife won`t even bother using them to clean the house! I`ve had very good luck with the Nicsand, and being relatively inexpensive, I`ve accumulated about 20 of them. Use them for just about everything but the wheels and tires. By far the nicest of the group is the Miracle Towel. Very fluffy and soft, but pricey. Only have 1 so far. Hope this helps.

Dolphin463
06-21-2001, 03:42 PM
If anyone on this board orders these, please report on their quality. I love everything about Miracle Towels except their price.

06-21-2001, 05:04 PM
I think CMA are going to reconsider their pricing on Miracle Towels. When these first came out they were revolutionary and there wasn`t much competition.

But times have changed, and microfiber can be had relatively inexpensively.

imported_RIC
06-21-2001, 06:30 PM
The Valugard green doesn`t look very plush in the picture.

I notice Ron is now selling claybars. Kind of hypocritical of Ron to sell a product that he believes does not work.

Ron Ketcham
06-21-2001, 06:51 PM
Don`t go putting words in my mouth, first, we have had clay since 1993, but read the label, "Overspray Removal Clay", so let`s get the facts straight!

We sell this clay under private label to several companies and have for the last 4 years. It is not the orginal clay we started with, but a newer, less agressive.

We so sell a red agressive to the private label accounts that feel they must have it, but don`t put it in our line.

Clay is a good product for what is intended for, and safe removal of IFO, ferrous particles is not the use of a clay, as the clay can not remove the acids that have penetrated into the porus paint film.

The documentations by the automanufacturers is clearly stated in their technical service bulletins.

imported_RIC
06-21-2001, 08:35 PM
I don`t have a magnifying glass to be able to read that label in the picture. You should include a product label with a description of what the product does on the website.

Maybe you should warn potential buyers of the limitations of what clay can or can`t do on your website since you believe so strongly that clay is ineffective against ferrous particles which BTW is a form of Industrial Fallout which is what most potential buyers would purchase it for. You don`t even have product information sheets for this clay unless it is the same as the Paint Correction Clay.

Ron Ketcham
06-21-2001, 08:41 PM
Absolutely correct!!

Did not even think about the old name, guess when Beth did the catalog area , she went off some old Product Data Sheets.

We changed the name last year, but things slip through the cracks, to much going on.

We are going to make a major change in that area when we get the time, just to much going on at OEM level and we keep a lean, mean staff.

We sell a fair amount of clay under the ValuGard name, but most is private label, and most of what we sell is to large volume accounts, so don`t pay much attention to it as far as a consumer product.

Thanks, I will see your suggestions are carried out.

06-21-2001, 09:22 PM
That`s pretty scary if a thread was deleted. Reminds me of autsopernazis.com

I`ve tried Miracle, Wizards, Neatitems, Microfiber.org and Nicsand towels.

Miracle was best, followed by Neatitems. Rest place a distant 3rd.

rstype
06-21-2001, 09:40 PM
I think that wax is the "Trade Secret" Carnauba wax which costs $27. It is made my Pinnacle, but does not have the same ingredients and doesn`t product the same results.

jkochis
06-21-2001, 09:44 PM
BW,

You have tried and/or seen both wax results? What color car? How did they differ?

RH