PDA

View Full Version : Todd...Boston Area Seminar

cahlroach
06-06-2001, 06:31 PM
I am relatively new to the Atlanta area, does anyone have any recommendations for fun mountain roads in north of Atlanta? Not the North Carolina and East Tennesse roads (I am from Knoxville and have done the Dragon many times). I am looking for fun drives relatively close to the metro area. Thanks for any input.

jr weeks
06-09-2001, 10:54 AM
I can`t help you as far as the greater Atlanta area and surrounding hills etc, but if you get the time to take a day trip ino the northeast corner of Georgia, the Dilliard area is awesome. The mountain roads demand a better car than I had at the time, a 97 Mitsubishi Diamante rental. Not a bad car, but I`d have preferred a 5 speed car ( Mustang Cobra would suffice LOL ) because the fun one could have. Anyway, sorry i can`t help more, but do check that area out sometime, it`s beautiful and there`s some real entertianing driving to be had. DAN H

cahlroach
06-14-2001, 06:19 AM
I am going to take my S2000 out with the Boxter club this weekend. Below is the route

Now for this drive I am looking for a New route -- we are going to go up 19 to the first stop and then I have a route to follow 19 to 180 East Brasstown Bald -- Stop and relax for a while then follow 180 to 17 to 76 over the Dicks Creek Gap and turkey Gap and to 197 then to Helen and to 285!

I will report back with comments, thanks

qballjr13
10-14-2009, 02:14 PM
Todd has there been any further discussion with Rick about a Boston area seminar? I would love to attend and really learn from the best!

imported_Jokeman
10-14-2009, 07:05 PM
I would definitely be interested in one too. I know Rick is very busy right now though.

qballjr13
10-14-2009, 07:40 PM
I know him and Ryan both are. Ryan just did the streetrod for us so I have talking to them recently. I hope we can make it all work out!

imported_RickRack
10-15-2009, 06:41 AM
Mike,

I`m not sure when, but I am definitely planning on having a Boston area seminar sometime. Late fall is probably the best for me, since things usually start slowing down around then. I`ll talk to Todd to see what he thinks.

I wanted to set something up over the summer, but it was such a busy year. Lots of people were on vacation during the summer, which is why the fall will be better.

If you have any good ideas about what to include in the seminar, I`d love to hear your input. We`ll probably have some `classroom time` to educate people about paint, different style polishers, products, etc., then have some `hands on` time with various polishers and products.

I was thinking about asking your dad if he`ll let us use his Hot Rod for a practice vehicle... We really need a car we can practice wetsanding on! :D:devil: Do you think he`ll mind? :o

imported_Jokeman
10-15-2009, 06:57 AM
I know him and Ryan both are. Ryan just did the streetrod for us so I have talking to them recently. I hope we can make it all work out!

Yeah, I saw that in his shop. That thing is very very nice!:thumbup:

qballjr13
10-15-2009, 07:11 AM
I was thinking about asking your dad if he`ll let us use his Hot Rod for a practice vehicle... We really need a car we can practice wetsanding on! :D:devil: Do you think he`ll mind? :o

Not a problem Rick, let me run that by him. I am sure he will be fine with it...especially if we get a bunch of guys that have never done it before! :D Seriously though, I would let you, Ryan and Todd do anything you wanted to it. I have total faith in that trio!

Just please keep me informed. I am trying hard but I think I have a lot of learning to do.

Thanks Jokeman!

imported_RickRack
10-15-2009, 07:13 AM
Not a problem Rick, let me run that by him. I am sure he will be fine with it...especially if we get a bunch of guys that have never done it before! :D Seriously though, I would let you, Ryan and Todd do anything you wanted to it. I have total faith in that trio!

Just please keep me informed. I am trying hard but I think I have a lot of learning to do.

Thanks Jokeman!

Sounds good Mike!

Looking forward to meeting you.

Todd@RUPES
10-15-2009, 09:08 AM
I would love to put something together, Rick and I have discussed it several times. We are even thinking of using Ryan as the camera man ;)

Just last week Rick and I probably played phone tag 4 to 5 times each so it has been impossible to get together on this just yet. Stay tuned and thanks for the interest. Also if you have any ideas on how we could make this a great event please feel free to post any ideas or thoughts.

qballjr13
10-15-2009, 09:36 AM
Todd, I am very interested is learning the basics of DA use (I use it now but I have never been shown how to properly use it), and also some basic rotary tips (something I would like to get into). Also I think paint assement and how to go about finding the best products for the job would be a big help too. That is my basic list for now.

Now my dad wants to come with the car (weather pending)!

imported_RyDawg
10-29-2009, 08:57 PM
I would love to put something together, Rick and I have discussed it several times. We are even thinking of using Ryan as the camera man ;)

Just last week Rick and I probably played phone tag 4 to 5 times each so it has been impossible to get together on this just yet. Stay tuned and thanks for the interest. Also if you have any ideas on how we could make this a great event please feel free to post any ideas or thoughts.
:D Thank you I need a break!!!!!

Todd are you ready for Canada buddy? See you up there in a month.