PDA

View Full Version : 2007 Dodge Caliber

Pages : [1] 2 3

Greek Guy
05-10-2001, 07:56 AM
Does anyone know the difference between Pinnacle Glas vs. Pinnacle Souveran wax. One says for light cars and the other says for dark cars. Is there really that much difference? Also what results will you have if you use Pinnacle Glaz on a dark color car?

tom p.
05-10-2001, 09:22 AM
GP, I think most here will say that you should be using Souveran on dark colors and the Paste Glaz on light colors.

I only have experience witht the Paste Glaz and do not think I would recommend it for a "daily driver" situation. If the subject is garaged most of the time then it is a great choice.

Greek Guy
05-10-2001, 11:36 AM
Thanks Tom, think I will order some klasse and either the Pinnacle or the Blitz wax for my car. I hear the Blitz is more durable and also much cheaper.

tom p.
05-10-2001, 02:38 PM
<blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by grandprix [/i]
<strong class=`bbc`>I hear the Blitz is more durable and also much cheaper. [/b]</blockquote>

You are correct,Sir!!

Michael H
05-10-2001, 04:47 PM
I have used both. Pinnacle Paste Glas is the easiest wax to apply and remove I have ever used. Souveran is harder to apply and remove, but still easy compared to most paste waxes. Paste Glas is better on light coloured cars. But Souveran has a higer Carnauba content and the protection will last longer and the shine is deeper.

Don2000g
05-10-2001, 07:29 PM
I have both and absolutely love them. My car is a type of silver-grey and I alternate these two waxes on my car as my moods change. The Souveran seems to shine and give more depth in my honest opinion. I always get raving compliments when I use it.

dc
05-14-2001, 10:45 AM
Anyone try layering paste glaz on souveran, or souveran on paste glaze?

Any suggestions, tips? results, etc..?

Thanks

waynethacker@earthlink.net
05-14-2001, 11:19 AM
I`ve got one coat on my car, and the paint looks so deep that you`d think you could swim in it. It literally looks wet to the touch. I will try another coat next weekend and see if it improves the look any.

My car is a garage queen, so that may help it out somewhat also. It is a daily driver, but it gets washings at least once per week, and in the summer months sometimes 2-3x`s per week.

Don2000g
05-14-2001, 07:38 PM
Doesn`t make sense to use Pinnacle Paste glaze on top of Souveran. If anything, you always want Souveran on top. I don`t see anything wrong with experimenting by layering one carnauba over a different one. I believe Brad frowns on the idea though. I tend to like the effect of Pinnacle Paste Glaze on top of my Blitz.

Blitz tends to add some real good depth and the Pinnacle Paste glaze adda a bit more shine. If I didn`t think that it actually helped a bit, I wouldn`t bother doing it. I also like the fact that when the Pinnacle paste glaze wears off, I`ll still have my Blitz underneath as it is more durable. Durability is a must in my hot climate. Laters.

mysteryan
12-17-2008, 05:50 PM
Yeah, I`d use Soveran as my LSP, but the only thing I`d worry about is longevity. :wavey

Streetlife
12-17-2008, 06:04 PM
:bigups to One Grand Blitz wax. Blitz wax is one of five waxes in my arsenal. I have two coats of blitz on top of Poorboys EX sealant, i`m set until the spring.

Inzane
12-17-2008, 06:17 PM
Yeah, I`d use Soveran as my LSP, but the only thing I`d worry about is longevity. :wavey

:laugh: 7.5 year thread bump...

Bigpoppa3346
12-17-2008, 06:27 PM
I honestly think this is the oldest thread resurrection ever on this site. Seriously, 7.5 years, WOW.

DM101
12-17-2008, 08:48 PM
I still have a couple jars of Souveran Glaz .... Maybe I should put it up against my Vintage.

mysteryan
12-18-2008, 01:45 AM
Guess Autopia has been here for a while...