PDA

View Full Version : Those who "Get It" and those who don`t....

imported_Luster
10-13-2009, 08:44 PM
Just last week.... I was driving the Corvette and got caught in a rain shower on the way home.

Washed it in the rain, pulled it into the garage, dried it, slapped on a coat of Z8, covered it with the car cover. (Garage doors open)

The entire time, my neighbor across the street was on his front porch, smoking, pacing, and shaking his head.

I don`t think he`s a car guy.

thecarter13
10-13-2009, 08:50 PM
Ha I do just about the same thing, pull it in, ONR quickly and use some QD normally (depends on my mood). My neighbors think its funny and tell me its pointless but o well. ;)

imported_broker99
10-13-2009, 09:03 PM
Yeah but isnt funny when we shake our heads when we watch them wash thier cars. The horor!!!!

Tuck91
10-13-2009, 09:08 PM
Not sure why but I alway leave my truck alone after I drive it throught the rain, I just wait until the next wash. :)

thecarter13
10-13-2009, 09:41 PM
Yeah but isnt funny when we shake our heads when we watch them wash thier cars. The horor!!!!

Ha, I actually showed two of my neighbors how to 2BM it and they do a pretty good job. They just think I am excessive because I used to wash my car almost every day it was driven, rain or shine.:huh:

imported_Luster
10-13-2009, 10:25 PM
They just think I am excessive because I used to wash my car almost every day it was driven, rain or shine.:huh:

:biggrin::clap::biggrin::clap:

Todd@RUPES
10-13-2009, 10:30 PM
Those who can do.... Those who cannot tell those who can why they shouldn`t....

thecarter13
10-13-2009, 10:40 PM
Those who can do.... Those who cannot tell those who can why they shouldn`t....

So true and yet so sad :(

imported_Jokeman
10-14-2009, 06:34 AM
My ol lady gets the keeping it clean thing. She doesn`t get the make it faster thing. She thinks when you buy a vehicle, it was built the way it was built for a reason. No modifying anything. I wouldn`t hesitate to tear the motor out of a car with 10 miles on it to build something better.

bmw5541
10-14-2009, 08:25 AM
My neighbors are always making comments on how often I am working on my car. Wheather it be washing, QD, waxing, dusting, etc. They don`t get it.

You should see their expressions when I take the leaf blower to the car:scared:

Old Pirate
10-14-2009, 09:45 AM
Poor dude, I think he might missed it doing the winter.....

qballjr13
10-14-2009, 11:02 AM
I had the same thing happen to me Bill. A couple of weekends ago I was going to do a full correction and winter LSP on my truck. So I was washing it in the rain in the driveway and my neighbor`s wife drove by. I could tell what she was thinking just by the look on her face. I put it in the garage and about 10 hours later I was done. It stayed in the garage until it stopped raining! She has since made two comments how clean it is!