PDA

View Full Version : Does ONR add it`s own protection?

imported_mobenzowner
10-11-2009, 04:50 PM
Some feel ONR adds a bit of it`s own protection when used as a wash. I personally feel what little protection it gives is lost by removing an ever so small amount of the current LSP as I feel any kind of hand wash does. Curious to see what this forum thinks.

imported_Flash Gordon
10-11-2009, 05:24 PM
Well,I have never used ONR, but seeing that your a Cards fan I will have to agree with you.....Well, that and "Tha Big Kahuna" post count contest :tongue:

bmw5541
10-12-2009, 10:31 AM
I don`t know about protection, but it deffinately adds some slickness.

imported_User Name
10-12-2009, 11:07 AM
I use ONR both as a clay lube and for my wash (during winter) and I`ve read that it adds some protection, although I never thought it did.

imported_Jokeman
10-13-2009, 09:03 AM
I dunno if I could call it protection.

imported_Indy YZF
10-13-2009, 11:40 AM
Where do you guys get this, I couldn`t find it on the PAC site (I have one place I can get it, but wanted to see some options). I`d like to get some for this winter, it`ll save me running to the car wash.

bigpoppa
10-13-2009, 12:59 PM
Where do you guys get this, I couldn`t find it on the PAC site (I have one place I can get it, but wanted to see some options). I`d like to get some for this winter, it`ll save me running to the car wash.

It is available from AG, TOL, DetailersDomain, etc. In fact, I think that PAC is one of the ONLY sites that doesn`t carry it.

I dunno if it adds protection or not, definitely some slickness though. Any protection that it does leave is quickly washed/rained off.

imported_RaskyR1
10-13-2009, 01:29 PM
I`m sure that if it adds anything it will be washed away with a conventional car wash or last no longer than most quick detailers.

imported_memnuts
10-13-2009, 02:15 PM
I have seen a very well respected detailer call the beading that ONR causes as protection. I can`t really call it protection when the polymer that ONR leaves behind that encapsulates the dirt on the finish is causing the beading. What is it doing to protect? Are people confusing the beading with actual protecting?
To me there are only two forms of protection for paint and that is either a sealant or a wax. None of which are in ONR as far as I know.