PDA

View Full Version : Auto Magic

tthomp82
10-02-2009, 11:54 AM
I was wondering if any of you had ever heard of these products?
I have a distributor near me, but dont really know anything about them.
The guy I spoke to on the phone said he deals with quite a few mobile detailers in the area.
Any thoughts?

gmblack3
10-02-2009, 12:47 PM
I have used a few of their products, like the APCs and clay. I much prefer using Megs or Menzerna for polishes and blackfire or zaino for sealants.

David Fermani
10-02-2009, 12:58 PM
I have used a few of their products, like the APCs and clay. I much prefer using Megs or Menzerna for polishes and blackfire or zaino for sealants.

I`ll echo Bryan`s comment. I`ve used pretty much their whole line-up for over a decade and hate to say that there`s much better products available. But, for the cost, many of their liquids are tough to beat.

Junebug
10-02-2009, 01:13 PM
I like their clay and clay lube - #49, also the heavy duty cleaner #8B - 1 oz to a quart sprayer makes a very cheap and effective carpet cleaner. Those are the only ones from AM that I use. For polishes - menzerna, LSP - Blackfire Wet Diamond (what else!)

Mobilejay
10-02-2009, 01:25 PM
I like their tire dressing(Magic Dressing I think its called), also their clay works great for harder clears, and stubborn contamination. Its a little rough to use on a soft clear. One of their waxes, a carnauba is exactly the same as Clear Kotes carnauba moose, looks great, beads the same, slick, but like CK it doesn`t last that long. Some of their stuff isn`t bad.

imported_Mr. Clean
10-04-2009, 12:07 PM
Other than the ubiquitous ClayMagic product and it`s partner #49 Body Shine, I`ve only used their washes and 777 apc. I`ve found all to be average to above average performers. They have a number of other products including some of the dressings, the citrus based apc, and the glass cleaner concentrate that I should have tried, but have not.

imported_BretFraz
10-04-2009, 09:37 PM
Like the others above, I use a number of their APC`s (777, 713, Red Hot, etc) and a few of their shampoos. I buy their #49 Body Shine QD by the gallon and use it as a clay lube. I always have several APC`s of various dilutions with me.

Their #10 paint sealant is nothing great, I like their Magic Mist spray wax but its like every other spray wax out there.

Its a good line for heavy consumables that you do not need to be brand-specific on. For specialty products, there are clearly better choices.