PDA

View Full Version : Getting shut down???

Altimazzz
08-15-2009, 06:04 PM
I live in a town where it is technically illegal to run a detailing business out of your home. You cant get a business liscense because of the drainage issues. I know of a couple of people in town, one being right across the street that the city has fined and shut down their operation.. Does anyone out there ever have the fear of being shut down? I dont really worry tooo much, but I do worry a little... I dont have very many clients yet so It would not devistate me, but it would take away my FUN!!:scared::scared:

Old Pirate
08-15-2009, 07:01 PM
I heard of this in some parts of the country, one way around it and most cities approved of it is a Containment system that you can use at the customer`s home when detailing.

imported_Luster
08-16-2009, 05:56 PM
I`m sure drainage/runoff is not the only reason for the licensing, but to minimize runoff, you can use ONR or QEW. One or two gallons that never reach the sewer system.

jdog1988
08-20-2009, 10:58 AM
I know containment systems are pricey and the EPA will sometimes evaluate products. I hope things work out.

Altimazzz
08-30-2009, 09:50 AM
I guess the good thing is that my driveway slopes down toward my house, so all my run off goes off to the side and into the yard, eliminatiing the tell tell sign of lots of runoff into the street...:thumbup:

imported_Auto Concierge
08-30-2009, 11:44 AM
I have a containment mat and pump I bought from Rightlook for about $1,200.00 dollars as my landlord strictly prohibited me from runoff at my shop and it works, it is a pita to use but it will allow you to conduct business.

imported_doctordon
08-30-2009, 12:23 PM
I have a containment mat and pump I bought from Rightlook for about $1,200.00 dollars as my landlord strictly prohibited me from runoff at my shop and it works, it is a pita to use but it will allow you to conduct business.

I could be wrong, and correct me if I am, but doesn`t the picture of you cleaning the rag top on that Rolls Royce Phantom on another thread show soap and water headed down the highway? Just curious and no disrespect intended.

presidential_detail
08-30-2009, 02:25 PM
I could be wrong, and correct me if I am, but doesn`t the picture of you cleaning the rag top on that Rolls Royce Phantom on another thread show soap and water headed down the highway? Just curious and no disrespect intended.

If I remember correctly, that job looked like it was mobile. He only mentioned that his landlord AT his shop required this, not everywhere he goes. Which brings up another point for Bob though..

How hard is it to set up those mats, is it something thats easily transportable? Also, how do you like using it besides the initial setup?

imported_doctordon
08-30-2009, 05:53 PM
If I remember correctly, that job looked like it was mobile. He only mentioned that his landlord AT his shop required this, not everywhere he goes.

I stand corrected. My apologies to Auto Concierge.

imported_Flash Gordon
08-30-2009, 06:57 PM

Where does the water go. What do you do with it, pour it down a drain in an isolated part of town :D