PDA

View Full Version : Give me your vote...

imported_User Name
07-28-2009, 11:28 AM
This Saturday looks like is going to be the "try Zaino" day for me and I`m debating on whether I should try it on my white IS350 or on my good friend`s silver Mercedes E55 AMG.

The E55 AMG is a beast of a car (469hp + 516lbs of torque at 2650 rpm) but will take me MUCH longer than my IS. Neither is an ideal color and the E55 will have to be corrected first, as it needs a bit of TLC.

My friend is not 100% he`ll be available for an all day detail, but if he is, which one should I test on?

Also, the top of the E55 (roof) is a tinted glass. How should I treat it, if that is the car of choice?

bigpoppa
07-28-2009, 12:37 PM
Use it on your car, you will appreciate/notice it`s longevity traits more than your friend will. It isn`t terribly exciting looking on pearl white, it will look more "clean" than anything, IME.

It does provide a "high definition" look on silver (I hate when people call it a plastic wrapped look because it really looks nothing like that in person...?), which you and your friend will probably like, but if you don`t have time to correct the AMG, don`t bother with the Zaino.

If the roof on the Benz is anything like that on the S550, just use a glass cleaner on the glass part, there will likely be some glossy black plastic around the glass which you can treat like paint.

imported_User Name
07-28-2009, 01:09 PM
Thanks BP! I was thinking mine might be the better car for the exact reasons you stated, plus it will be so much LESS work.

As for the "plastic" look... I don`t think that will be an issue for me because I`ve never really understood or agreed with the notion that Carnauba`s have a "deeper warmer" look than sealants.

It might be true, but my eye isn`t trained to see the difference. Typically I prefer sealants and I have no really good reason other than every new product I really like seems to be a sealant.

Love Wet Diamond, love Wolfgang DGPS, really like NXT 2.0.... although come to think of it, I had some sealants I really didn`t like as well... (PB`s EX-P and KSG come to mind).

bigpoppa
07-28-2009, 02:45 PM
Like I mentioned in the other thread, just be sure to make sure you apply it over a clean finish.

Don`t expect to be completely blown away at first, it took me several uses and months of seeing the longevity to really appreciate the product.

I also find that washing too often (I wash my ungaraged car twice a week sometimes, I just can`t help it!) will have a negative effect on durabilty for whatever reason, so keep the washing to around once a week and watch how strong you mix your car wash soap (this is another problem I have, a few "glugs" of car wash soap here, a few "glugs" there, and I have a great sudsy wash! but it is definitely mixed stronger than what the MFR suggests).

Let us know what you think of it (well, knowing you I`m sure we will here all about it :D), pretty soon you won`t even be thinking of it as a long, drawn out process to "Zaino your car", you will just think of it as another sealant.

imported_Luster
07-28-2009, 03:45 PM
Zaino is all I`ve ever used on my white Trans Am. I always try to use Zaino on white because it really appears to brighten it! (Of course we all know it doesn`t REALLY brighten, but it sure does make white shine!):w00t:

Tuck91
07-28-2009, 08:19 PM
I say use it on paint your more familiar with, obviously that would be your car.

Claude
07-29-2009, 04:03 PM
This Saturday looks like is going to be the "try Zaino" day for me and I`m debating on whether I should try it on my white IS350 or on my good friend`s silver Mercedes E55 AMG.

The E55 AMG is a beast of a car (469hp + 516lbs of torque at 2650 rpm) but will take me MUCH longer than my IS. Neither is an ideal color and the E55 will have to be corrected first, as it needs a bit of TLC.

My friend is not 100% he`ll be available for an all day detail, but if he is, which one should I test on?

Also, the top of the E55 (roof) is a tinted glass. How should I treat it, if that is the car of choice?

Use it on the car with best paint condition.
Use it on a car with paint correction needed and be sorry.
I speak from experience.
Director Follow the instructions and steps.
Good luck
post some photos please:clap::clap::clap:

Claude