PDA

View Full Version : which product will last longer?

Jpeeps
03-29-2004, 07:49 PM
Groebuck was the first to give me some tips and recommendations for a treatment on my 89 Mustang. From his advice on product combinations I have decided on claying my vehicle followed by two layers of Poorboys Polish w/Carnuba and finished up with two layers of Poorboys EX or EX-P.

My first question would be what is the difference between EX & EX-P?

My secon question is would this combo last longer than a Zaino application?

Fallguy
03-29-2004, 08:25 PM
The EX has carnuba in it & the EX-P is a polymer.

As far as the Zaino....I can`t give you an answer on lasting. Every situation is so different and what the vehicle is exposed to . I`ve used the EX and like it ALOT !! I`m not a Zaino fan at all so I can`t give you a good answer,but with the PB stuff your heading in the right direction.

CharlesW
03-29-2004, 08:49 PM
While you may get lots of different comments about Zaino, I think one thing that goes without question is its durability.
There may be lots of reasons to decide not to use it, but not lasting wouldn`t be one of them.

Now comes the question you have to answer for yourself.
Do you need/want 6 to 12 months durability?

Since I seem to have to apply another coat of something about every 30 days, durability isn`t a high priority for me.

It would seem that there are quite a few products that will last you from 30 to 90 days on a daily driver.

:dunno

Charles

JimS
03-29-2004, 11:16 PM
How can you tell how long a product has lasted? What measurement can be used?

I don`t think durability is measurable. I think it`s all in the mind of the beholder.

I`ll say this. I put on 3 coats of EX the last one being in early October. In early March I still was getting very heavy beading.

Is that a measurement of durability? I don`t know. Some say so. If so then EX is durable.

I do know it`s easy to use and it SHINES.

Patrick
03-31-2004, 12:10 AM
Jesuspeeps, you may want to consult with Steve about using the polymer over the carnauba....Its not traditionally a acceptable process. Carnaubas on Poly, yes, but not normally the other way around.....

Boss_429
03-31-2004, 05:59 AM
Originally posted by Jesuspeeps

My secon question is would this combo last longer than a Zaino application?

Well, I`ve only used one coat of the EX-P. I`m quite pleased with it`s durability. Personally, "looks wise", it seems to be more durable than the EX. However, the EX could be "protecting" just as long as the EX-P........... but the looks don`t show it. I suspect the slightly higher content of polymers in the EX-P has something to do with it.

I`ve also used the Zaino before, and I would say the only product that can match Zaino for durability is Klasse Super Glaze. That`s not to say that the other products aren`t durable.............. just not as durable as Zaino.

awd330
03-31-2004, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by Patrick
Jesuspeeps, you may want to consult with Steve about using the polymer over the carnauba....Its not traditionally a acceptable process. Carnaubas on Poly, yes, but not normally the other way around.....
EX and EX-P seem to be less finicky about base layers. I have used both over PwC and have not observed any problems with bonding or durability (within my 3-4 month test durations). I agree with Boss_429 that the look of EX may begin to fade before EX-P because the carnauba portion will dissipate before the synthetic portion. You can preserve the carnauba look of EX by using a carnauba based quick detailing spray (like QD+).

I haven`t used Zaino, but I have used Klasse SG. Multiple coats of SG may be more durable than multiple coats of EX/EX-P. However, I don`t personally need 6-9 months worth of durability. I value overall looks more highly than maximum durability, and I like the look of the EXs better. As always, your mileage may vary.