PDA

View Full Version : Home Grown Tomatoes...

Pages : [1] 2

imported_Luster
07-17-2009, 10:39 PM
Definitely one of my favorite foods! There`s just something about eating a tomato grown in your own back yard! They just taste so GOOD! I eat them whole like an apple!

Got about 10-12 large green ones right now, none red yet!

I give it one more week!:clap:

[Do I sound a little obsessive?:out:]

John M.
07-17-2009, 11:10 PM
Yes you do :D

I hate tomatoes! However my parents love them! They like to buy some from a lady who sells them fresh down here and (not to sure about this lol) marinate them in something and than have some mozzarella cheese on top, looks good but I just dont like the taste :D

imported_Luster
07-17-2009, 11:16 PM
Yes you do :D

I hate tomatoes! However my parents love them! They like to buy some from a lady who sells them fresh down here and (not to sure about this lol) marinate them in something and than have some mozzarella cheese on top, looks good but I just dont like the taste :D

LOL... you sound like my oldest son!!! We used to make him take just one bite of everything on his plate. He would GAG on the tomatoes!!! Cracked me up.....:hurray:

John M.
07-17-2009, 11:17 PM
Thats what I was like when I was younger, parents would say you have to eat those or no desert :D Thing that really made me gag was okra! talk about gross hahaha

Robbo
07-18-2009, 12:11 AM
Nice! So jealous.

We`re in the process of selling the house and 2 cars and buying another house and moving out of state so nothing for me this year... but next year I`m planting a large garden.

My wife and I`s "date night" the last few months is going to Borders or Barnes and Noble and reading up on Hobby Farming (yeah, at 34 years old that`s our version of wild and crazy on a Friday night).

Plan to grow enough vegetables to support our needs for the year, have a couple of goats for milk, and chickens for eggs. Looking at a couple of acres so I`m also planning lots of fun projects. Smoker, earth oven, solar oven, parabolic cooker, rocket stove, and solar distiller for spotless rinses.... can`t wait to have some room to play. :D

Rob

jastg
07-18-2009, 06:02 AM
We lost 3 plants because of all the rain in the NE. 3 more were damaged. They are coming back strong and actually have tomatoes. My father planted 4 new ones and everything is doing well. I will eat them mixed in with anything, but plain by themselves yuck. My wife and I were going to make a ton of pasta sauce with our crop of roma`s, but we may come up short. I will have to keep telling my 3 yr. old that I just sprayed the garden with chemicals otherwise nothing from the garden will ever see the dinner table.

imported_Luster
07-18-2009, 10:42 AM
We lost 3 plants because of all the rain in the NE. 3 more were damaged. They are coming back strong and actually have tomatoes. My father planted 4 new ones and everything is doing well. I will eat them mixed in with anything, but plain by themselves yuck. My wife and I were going to make a ton of pasta sauce with our crop of roma`s, but we may come up short. I will have to keep telling my 3 yr. old that I just sprayed the garden with chemicals otherwise nothing from the garden will ever see the dinner table.

We have 6 plants.. 3 Big Boys, 3 "Grape" tomatoes. We`ve been having the grape tomatoes for almost a month but the big guys need another week or so.

Todd@RUPES
07-18-2009, 12:30 PM
This thread worthless with out pictures...

imported_Luster
07-18-2009, 12:55 PM
This thread worthless with out pictures...

I can`t believe you made me whip out the camera for this!!! LOL :D:D:D

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v333/bluster/IMG_2837.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v333/bluster/IMG_2838.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v333/bluster/IMG_2839.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v333/bluster/IMG_2840.jpg

Todd@RUPES
07-18-2009, 04:21 PM
Bee utt if fulllll!!!!

Old Pirate
07-19-2009, 05:32 PM
Wish I could eat tomatoes again ( Pasta, Pizza, Tomates on burgers etc..) but my acid reflux won`t let me.....:(

John Henry
07-19-2009, 05:46 PM
Only two things that money can`t buy... true love and home grown tamatas.

imported_Luster
07-19-2009, 09:18 PM
Wish I could eat tomatoes again ( Pasta, Pizza, Tomates on burgers etc..) but my acid reflux won`t let me.....:(

I used to have that too. I did two things to get rid of it.:)

1. Lost 20 pounds.
2. Quit eating after 7 pm.

imported_Mr. Clean
07-19-2009, 09:24 PM
Only two things that money can`t buy... true love and home grown tamatas.
So said one of the great songwriters of our time :biggrin:

If I`s to change this life I lead
I`d be Johnny Tomato Seed
`Cause I know what this country needs
Homegrown tomatoes in every yard you see
When I die don`t bury me
In a box in a cemetary
Out in the garden would be much better
I could be pushin` up homegrown tomatoes

Due to life, I didn`t get my Spring crop in this year and it might be just a bit late for the Fall crop. Oh well, there`s always next year. :)

imported_Luster
07-19-2009, 09:33 PM
Due to life, ............... :)

Ain`t that the truth!!! There`s another expression: "Life gets in the way.":)