PDA

View Full Version : Denali Polished Alluminum Wheels--

james04
03-28-2004, 07:24 PM
Hi guys,

The wheels on my Denali are polished alluminum...

They aren`t near as shiney as the ones on an Escalade ...

I was wondering what is the difference in these two wheels?

Is it possible to polish or do something to the wheels to make them EXTREAMLY shiney???

thanks....

Ferrarislave
03-28-2004, 07:26 PM
The denali wheels are just polished alumnium, The escalade are coated chrome alumnium wheels. They dont look like chrome when there new try a metal polish should leave them looking really nice.

james04
03-28-2004, 07:39 PM
Yeah I tried some mothers... didn`t do ````.

CharlesW
03-28-2004, 09:07 PM
If they are factory wheels, they are most likely clearcoated.
As with any paint, you need to be careful in what you use on them.

Pontiac had aluminum wheels that were clearcoated and high polished for an additional charge. They also were clearcoated.
There was definitely a difference in the appearance between the two sets of wheels. Guess which ones I popped for. :D

Charles

forrest@mothers
03-28-2004, 10:28 PM
Those wheels are coated, so our Mag & Aluminum Polish is not the proper product for them.

I`d say that`s why it "didn`t do sh!t". You might try using our Clear Coat Wheel Polish, part # 05108 instead - it`s made for coated wheels. You could also try a synthetic paint care product. But, they`ll never shine like the highly polished ones since the finish from the factory is of a lower luster.

NEW AGAIN
03-28-2004, 11:46 PM
First those are 2 DIFFERENT wheels as stated, Second clean the wheels with Eagle 1 A2Z then polished the wheels with Meg Pro "Speed Glaze" or "Klasse AIO" and protect with a good sealant. This process will bring out the shine in the wheels in question. Hope this HELP