PDA

View Full Version : White vs. Green Pad

pingable
06-14-2009, 07:29 AM
Just curious...in what applications would you use the Green pad over the white when polishing. Don`t own the green but I am thinking about ordering some on my next order.

I`ve yet to use/try the M205/105 and my polishing sessions are primarily 2 steppers/3 steppers (sip/106/85) (106/85) (sometime replacing 85rd with Ultrafina on my jet black bavarian machines).

imported_Luster
06-14-2009, 07:44 AM
I had those same thoughts until I started using 105/205. But based on the excellent results I`ve been getting from M105/Orange and M205/White, I haven`t seen need for the green pads. :wink:

TOGWT
06-14-2009, 09:01 AM
Check the "Foam Pads" post by TH0001 for information.

As a side note - Autogeeks (AG) Green foam is very different from Lake County (LC) Green foam although it?s made and re-labelled by Lake County Manufacturing (LC)

Justin Murphy
06-14-2009, 09:48 AM
I just ordered 6 of the green CCS and 6 of the white CCS (5.5 inchers for both). I love them both. I use the greens with D151 and the G110 for my one step jobs. I also use the green with 105 or 205. The same with the white. I just depends on the paint. Just do a test area.

I have noticed that the white CCS` give for a little more rotation. Both were a great addition to my arsenal with my orange pads.

Old Pirate
06-14-2009, 11:45 AM
Check the "Foam Pads" post by TH0001 for information.

As a side note - Autogeeks (AG) Green foam is very different from Lake County (LC) Green foam although it?s made and re-labelled by Lake County Manufacturing (LC)

Yes, but on thing to know these German Green pads from PAC some of the greatest pads for AIO jobs........Period!

TOGWT
06-14-2009, 01:05 PM
Yes, but on thing to know these German Green pads from PAC some of the greatest pads for AIO jobs........Period!

Agreed-

The `German Green` and the Orange foam pads along with Menzerna polishes enable a unique solution for the care and maintenance of Nanotechnology surface coatings (DuPont`s SupraShield?, PPG`s Optech? and CeramiClear?)

pingable
06-14-2009, 02:07 PM
so you guys are primarily using it as a one stepper depending on polish....to finesse it to a point that is decent in final finish...without further refinement of a finish polish ....

Hate to order pads and have overlap or no need for it after using it....

It`s almost nil/never that I ever need anything more aggressive than a white pad. and call me old skoll but I`ve yet to dip into the non diminishing arena just yet.

Old Pirate
06-14-2009, 02:10 PM
Only when I got a One Stepper to do, It just finishes so nice that I could just let it go. But the proper way is to follow it with a black or red pad.

pingable
06-14-2009, 02:32 PM
I`ll order just 1 green one to see what this german green is all about....
White will probably still have more bite for a polishing but....maybe it may be a gem on soft paints as a polishing pad Still to be followed by a grey pad regardless.

I have too many white pads...and I`m just looking for an *xcuse* to pair up with some gold pads I plan to add to the stash.