PDA

View Full Version : Old version M105 with KBM kit?

jt9000
06-06-2009, 07:55 PM
I ordered a KBM kit with PC 7424 and LC pads, but on my M105 bottle I received, it only says apply by hand or rotary at the back. The M205 on the other hand says the product can be applied by hand, D/A, rotary, and orbital.

Does this mean I was shipped the old version of M105 that can not be used with D/A? or can I use the M105 with my PC 7424 regardless?

Is the paper for Kevin Brown Method out yet? I have yet to see a detailed instruction on how KBM should be used.

Thanks.

Todd@RUPES
06-07-2009, 09:05 AM
I ordered a KBM kit with PC 7424 and LC pads, but on my M105 bottle I received, it only says apply by hand or rotary at the back. The M205 on the other hand says the product can be applied by hand, D/A, rotary, and orbital.

Does this mean I was shipped the old version of M105 that can not be used with D/A? or can I use the M105 with my PC 7424 regardless?

Is the paper for Kevin Brown Method out yet? I have yet to see a detailed instruction on how KBM should be used.

Thanks.

Hi JT...

Did you order the KBM kit from us (you should have as we are the only who has the rights to sell it)?

I am suprised it shipped with an older bottle of M105, as we have stopped carrying it a while ago despite trying to keep it in stock for as long as possible.

The KBM method itself works great, maybe even better, with the old formula, IMO, but you can always exchange with us for a new bottle. Just give Jack a call on Monday if you desire.

As for directions using the kits, please refer to the general instructions tab on anyone of our KMB kits. Kevin`s paper is going to deal more with DA polisher theory as opposed to step by step instructions, which will closely mimick those directions on our page.

jt9000
06-07-2009, 12:02 PM
Hi JT...

Did you order the KBM kit from us (you should have as we are the only who has the rights to sell it)?

I am suprised it shipped with an older bottle of M105, as we have stopped carrying it a while ago despite trying to keep it in stock for as long as possible.

The KBM method itself works great, maybe even better, with the old formula, IMO, but you can always exchange with us for a new bottle. Just give Jack a call on Monday if you desire.

As for directions using the kits, please refer to the general instructions tab on anyone of our KMB kits. Kevin`s paper is going to deal more with DA polisher theory as opposed to step by step instructions, which will closely mimick those directions on our page.

Hi, yes I ordered from you guys, this is the exact URL http://www.properautocare.com/kbmkbrmekitw2.html
Does the KBM moethod work with OLD formula on PC 7424?
I am wondering if there are any adverse effects from using old M105 on PC7424?

Todd@RUPES
06-07-2009, 03:53 PM
Hi, yes I ordered from you guys, this is the exact URL http://www.properautocare.com/kbmkbrmekitw2.html
Does the KBM moethod work with OLD formula on PC 7424?
I am wondering if there are any adverse effects from using old M105 on PC7424?

The KBM is actually designed to work with the older polish. It will dust a little more and `seem` to flash a little quicker. However it will cut much better IME.

Old M105- Better by PC
New M105- Better with rotary (IMO)

Still, give Jack a call tomorrow if you get a chance. You should have not recieved an old bottle, but personally, I think you are lucky.

jt9000
06-07-2009, 05:57 PM
The KBM is actually designed to work with the older polish. It will dust a little more and `seem` to flash a little quicker. However it will cut much better IME.

Old M105- Better by PC
New M105- Better with rotary (IMO)

Still, give Jack a call tomorrow if you get a chance. You should have not recieved an old bottle, but personally, I think you are lucky.
Thanks for the reply, I will definietly give Jack a call tomorrow just to confirm.

One side question, if I have rock chips on certain panels, will using abrasive polish like M105 do any further damage to the chipped areas if the I don`t intend to fill up the chips with touch up paint?

Todd@RUPES
06-08-2009, 10:05 AM
Thanks for the reply, I will definietly give Jack a call tomorrow just to confirm.

One side question, if I have rock chips on certain panels, will using abrasive polish like M105 do any further damage to the chipped areas if the I don`t intend to fill up the chips with touch up paint?

Unless the paint has been structurally damaged (flaking off) you should okay to polish over the rock chips. Keep in mind that on a dark colored car some residue my get pressed into the chips and dry white, making them more visible unless the residue is removed.

Let us know if we can help in any way!

Todd

jt9000
06-08-2009, 12:28 PM
Unless the paint has been structurally damaged (flaking off) you should okay to polish over the rock chips. Keep in mind that on a dark colored car some residue my get pressed into the chips and dry white, making them more visible unless the residue is removed.

Let us know if we can help in any way!

Todd
Thanks for the reply!
I called Phil from Classic Motoring, and he confirmed that the M105 I received should actually be the new formula, it was just labeled incorrectly.

SilverS8
06-08-2009, 01:58 PM
Thanks for the reply!
I called Phil from Classic Motoring, and he confirmed that the M105 I received should actually be the new formula, it was just labeled incorrectly.

J9000, If you received the bottle with the OLD label, you probably got the OLD version. If I said they were labelled wrong, that was incorrect. What I thought I said was we have the new products and they should not be labelled wrong.

If you do have the OLD version, give me a call and I`ll have the NEW version shipped to you with a return shipping label to get the one you have back.

Sorry for any confusion I may have caused.

jt9000
06-08-2009, 02:15 PM
J9000, If you received the bottle with the OLD label, you probably got the OLD version. If I said they were labelled wrong, that was incorrect. What I thought I said was we have the new products and they should not be labelled wrong.

If you do have the OLD version, give me a call and I`ll have the NEW version shipped to you with a return shipping label to get the one you have back.

Sorry for any confusion I may have caused.

Thanks for clearing things up and the awesome service Phil.

LUSTR Detail
06-08-2009, 02:16 PM
Just ship the old version to me :p

Old Pirate
06-08-2009, 02:51 PM
Just ship the old version to me :p

Sorry Ivan, It`s coming my way:D

LUSTR Detail
06-08-2009, 03:01 PM
Sorry Ivan, It`s coming my way:D

:cursing: Director

Old Pirate
06-08-2009, 06:01 PM
But we still do have a few gallons of M105 old version here for sale. If you are in the need of the old version then call me.

LUSTR Detail
06-09-2009, 10:36 AM
But we still do have a few gallons of M105 old version here for sale. If you are in the need of the old version then call me.

Will do... I`m putting together an order soon with you guys and I`ll call you about it within a week or two.

jt9000
06-17-2009, 12:02 AM
Received the new version of the M105 today.
Thanks Phil and PAC for getting the replacement shipped out promptly.