PDA

View Full Version : NASCAR Fans???

imported_Luster
05-28-2009, 10:38 PM
I`ve been a NASCAR fan for about 10 years. Seems like every forum I go to, I`m kind of in the minority. Many more basketball, football or baseball fans than NASCAR. (But I`ve always been a bit of a Redneck! Haha LOL):D

Beyond that... I like Jimmy Johnson, Carl Edwards and Jeff Gordon.

That ought to get some discussion started. :cornut:

"How could anyone like JEFF GORDON?!!! He`s such a ...........................

Who`s your favorite driver/ Team? :)

drculinarian
05-29-2009, 05:36 AM
Well I`ve been a racing fan for years. Nascar, Indy, F1, Lemans, and sports cars. My favorite of all time A.J. Foyt. Watched him win all four Indy 500`s. I didn`t see much Nascar until the end of the 60`s when I went into the military and was stationed in the south. I got to watch the Petty`s, Allison`s, Buddy Baker, Pearson, and Cale Y.

Todd@RUPES
05-29-2009, 10:47 AM
I used to be a fan of NASCAR, it was a family event in the early to mid `90s for my family. Kind fell out of love with it after that. Went to a Daytona 500 when I worked at The Home Depot and got to hang out in the pits for a little bit which was kind of cool.

imported_gewb
05-29-2009, 01:26 PM
I, too, have been a racing fan for years: Nascar, Indy, F1, Lemans.

Was at Mosport in `77 when Gilles Villeneuve made what would turn out to be his last appearance at the track, as he drove a Ferrari in the Labatt Grand Prix (Jody Scheckter won the race). This was also the last Grand Prix held at Mosport.

As to your quote (re: Jeff Gordon), I won`t show your post to my wife...

Regards,
GEWB

Justin Murphy
05-29-2009, 02:07 PM
I`m a HUGE NASCAR fan. I live near Bill Elliot and have done his paper work on several of his vehicles when I work for Dodge. After he left, I became a Kasey Kahne fan since he took over Bill`s ride. I like so many of the drivers and have taught my son to do the same. I really enjoy watching Kyle Busch. He`s just crazy and I think he could drive a car with three tires! Carl Edward, Jimmie Johnson, and Jeff Gordon have earned my respect too.

Just think of it this way when it comes to NASCAR drivers....

How many baseball teams are there and with how many players? NASCAR has only 43 drivers of which 30 could win at any race. That`s 30 in the WORLD! 200mph, no brake lights, and relying on a man 400 yards away telling you when to change lanes.......respect is warranted!!!

imported_Luster
05-29-2009, 11:13 PM
I`m a HUGE NASCAR fan.

OK... I`m not alone anymore!!!!!:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

imported_Luster
05-29-2009, 11:15 PM
As to your quote (re: Jeff Gordon), I won`t show your post to my wife...

Regards,
GEWB

Thank you... not looking to make any enemies. ;)