PDA

View Full Version : Lessons Learned....

Pages : [1] 2 3

imported_Luster
05-24-2009, 10:22 AM
There are many lessons to be learned in detailing and in life. Most of them are from personal experience. I`ll start off with one of my favorite lessons learned:

You get what you pay for. (Been burned a few times!) I`ve learned to spend the extra few bucks. If you buy the best, you`ll never be sorry!;) BUT...... If you Cheap Out, you`re always sorry!

Please join in! I`ll bet we`ve shared some of the same (bad) decisions!!!:D

imported_Pats300zx
05-24-2009, 11:52 AM
Every new product introduced is not necessarily the best product... Sometimes the stuff we forget about does the job just fine :)

imported_Luster
05-24-2009, 12:39 PM
Every new product introduced is not necessarily the best product... Sometimes the stuff we forget about does the job just fine :)

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Dave1
05-24-2009, 12:50 PM
You get what you pay for. (Been burned a few times!) I`ve learned to spend the extra few bucks. If you buy the best, you`ll never be sorry!;) BUT...... If you Cheap Out, you`re always sorry!

I totally agree.......

It doesn`t cost that much more to go all the way........

It took me many years to figure that one out......

rockymountaindetail
05-24-2009, 02:09 PM
"what comes around goes around"

I never really gave this saying much credit, but over time I realized it`s true.....but the more someone really deserves this, the longer it seems to take til they get it!

imported_doctordon
05-24-2009, 03:54 PM
Winning isn`t always a victory and losing isn`t always a defeat.

TOGWT
05-24-2009, 06:30 PM
Choose carefully whose advice you listen to, and more importantly what advice you act upon

With all cleaning products (especially solvents) always test a small inconspicuous area first to ensure it won`t discolour, stain or etch the surface, and ensure that the pH of the product is suitable for the material

imported_User Name
05-24-2009, 06:41 PM

Or said another way... "if it ain`t broke, don`t fix it". ;)

BearValley
05-24-2009, 07:46 PM
"Associate with the type of person that you would like to become."

Old Pirate
05-24-2009, 07:55 PM
Learn the hard way.........buying products that don`t do what they say they do.

imported_Luster
05-24-2009, 11:31 PM
Why do you have two ears and one mouth?

You should listen twice as much as you talk.;)

Todd@RUPES
05-27-2009, 11:15 AM
The sad part is that I have to re-learn all of the lessons several times before they stick...

imported_Luster
05-27-2009, 12:28 PM
The sad part is that I have to re-learn all of the lessons several times before they stick...

That`s because you`re human.;)

Many times I`ve said....

Well...I`ll never do that again!!!

Ooooops.:redface:

SwirlBFree
05-27-2009, 01:40 PM
Along the same lines - don`t always choose your online vendors by lowest price. In the long run, customer service will outweigh the savings.

weekendwarrior
05-28-2009, 05:07 PM
When you screw up, just admit it immediately, and try to figure out what it will take to fix it (with anything in life). I was once buffing the trunk of a high end sports car, and the edge of the wool pad hit the corner of the rear spoiler and made a burn the size of a dime. I went out and bought the factory touch up paint, and made a repair that no one besides me would be able to notice. When the owner came to pick the car up, I pointed it out to him, and told him if it wasn`t good enough, I`d pay to have the spoiler resprayed. He replied, "I would have never seen it if it hadn`t been for you telling me, and your honestly tells me that I can send my friends and family members to you, and they will be in good hands." He never mentioned it again, and has given me several referrals, as well as having let me do his car again.

I made a mistake at my full time job (finance) this afternoon, that I am sure will be an issue tomorrow morning. I will fess up, and offer to rectify it then as well.

The way I look at it is if I were to ever get fired from a job for admitting a mistake, or lost a client due to admitting I messed up something on their car, they are not a company or client I want to work for anyways.