PDA

View Full Version : PO 85rd

Lambo1
05-18-2009, 08:37 PM
Any tips using PO85 rd? polish until a lil haze is left or what?

imported_Asphalt Rocket
05-18-2009, 09:28 PM
Till it goes tranparent.

Todd@RUPES
05-18-2009, 10:00 PM
Any tips using PO85 rd? polish until a lil haze is left or what?

What type of machine will you be using?

imported_blk45
05-19-2009, 02:21 PM
Till it goes tranparent.

Yep! With a rotary on a blue LC pad. You have to work RD pretty good to see it`s full potential, but when you do....wow!

Todd will probably recommend the black/grey LC pad to shorten the initial breakdown of the abrasives.

Todd@RUPES
05-19-2009, 03:42 PM
Yep! With a rotary on a blue LC pad. You have to work RD pretty good to see it`s full potential, but when you do....wow!

Todd will probably recommend the black/grey LC pad to shorten the initial breakdown of the abrasives.

No I`ll recommend a RED pad because it is IDENTICAL to the blue pad and we don`t sell a blue pad.

imported_Termigator
05-19-2009, 03:48 PM
No I`ll recommend a RED pad because it is IDENTICAL to the blue pad and we don`t sell a blue pad.

What about the gray one?

imported_blk45
05-19-2009, 04:30 PM

Interesting. I didn`t realize that. Technically it`s a blue pad......if you look at it from the back! :D

The reason that I said that, from your other post:

In most cases the black (grey) pad is going to offer the best compromise between polishing action and final finish. The black foam has enough strength to with stand pressure and enough action to effect the breakdown of the abrasives, but will not contribute to visible buffer marks in the paint. Some particular paints may react better to a red pad or even a green euro pad for final polishing, and sometimes we don`t know what will give us the best absolute results until we try and inspect.

Keep in mind that switching to even a finer foam (such as the identical red and blue pads) will, in theory increase the amount of polishing time required to break down the polish fully. Switching to too soft of a foam could potentially prevent the abrasives from breaking down completely, leaving the finish actually worse then if a firmer pad was used.

Todd@RUPES
05-21-2009, 11:17 AM
What about the gray one?
The black pad is going to have a little more bite then the red/blue pads, or a little more mechanical action relative to the paint`s surface. However, on most paints the pad is not going to create visible holograms or marring, but it will break down the abrasive at a slightly faster rate, hence my preference.

imported_Termigator
05-21-2009, 12:27 PM
The black pad is going to have a little more bite then the red/blue pads, or a little more mechanical action relative to the paint`s surface. However, on most paints the pad is not going to create visible holograms or marring, but it will break down the abrasive at a slightly faster rate, hence my preference.

Sounds good to me. I certainly would not want to have to work the polish on the paint any longer than I need to in order to get the job done.:smile: