PDA

View Full Version : Your opinion wanted...

imported_User Name
04-29-2009, 07:51 PM
So, I have a few questions regarding a new LSP. I`m thinking sealant over wax, although you can convince me otherwise. First things first...

1. Can I get Blackfire Wet Diamond in Canada? If so, where? If not, don`t worry I am a part time yankee and can get it shipped to my US address.

2. Blackfire Wet Diamond or Wolfgang`s Deep Gloss 3.0? Why one over the other (I know this is a "blackfire friendly" forum so it may be a loaded question, but hopefully someone who`s used both can chime in).

3. Wet Diamond or Midnight Sun? Why should I pick the wax over the sealant or should I not? And for the wise guys who says "get both"... I say... "you don`t have a wife, or at least not one that you wish to have relations with". :scared:

Thanks.

BIOLINK
04-29-2009, 09:54 PM
I found a place in Canada for Blackfire. Send me a PM. I don`t want to appear to be advertising in my post. Also, I believe PAC will ship to Canada.

You will gain durability using the Blackfire Sealant over the wax. I have the wax and love it, but I use it as a topper to the sealant. I actually use FMJ which is a very close cousin to the Blackfire. I haven`t used the Wolfgang (3.0), I did use an older version and liked the FMJ much better. Give Blackfire Wet Diamond a try, the price is right and I know it`s a good product.

TOGWT
04-30-2009, 05:13 AM
A polymer sealant has a better durability than a wax (without getting into the very subjective `Looks` opinion)

imported_User Name
04-30-2009, 09:00 AM
Thanks guys... I am aware of the wax vs. sealant differences, but that really wasn`t my question. My questions was more geared towards "this wax" vs. "this sealant". Maybe identifying key characteristics of each product, other than the generic was vs. sealant questions.

Todd@RUPES
04-30-2009, 12:06 PM
So, I have a few questions regarding a new LSP. I`m thinking sealant over wax, although you can convince me otherwise. First things first...

1. Can I get Blackfire Wet Diamond in Canada? If so, where? If not, don`t worry I am a part time yankee and can get it shipped to my US address.

2. Blackfire Wet Diamond or Wolfgang`s Deep Gloss 3.0? Why one over the other (I know this is a "blackfire friendly" forum so it may be a loaded question, but hopefully someone who`s used both can chime in).

3. Wet Diamond or Midnight Sun? Why should I pick the wax over the sealant or should I not? And for the wise guys who says "get both"... I say... "you don`t have a wife, or at least not one that you wish to have relations with". :scared:

Thanks.

1) Yes Autowerkes Exclusive carries Blackfire in Canada
2) I have used just about every product under the sun but my opinion is going to have a natural bias. While this forum is, as you say `Blackfire Friendly`, I would be disappointed if people felt they couldn`t post their honest opinion here.
3) In your case Wet Diamond. It has a great look as a sealant by itself, and it will last longer then the wax. Given your preferance for that NXT shine, I think you would be very happy with Wet Diamond.

imported_User Name
04-30-2009, 12:42 PM
1) Yes Autowerkes Exclusive carries Blackfire in Canada
2) I have used just about every product under the sun but my opinion is going to have a natural bias. While this forum is, as you say `Blackfire Friendly`, I would be disappointed if people felt they couldn`t post their honest opinion here.
3) In your case Wet Diamond. It has a great look as a sealant by itself, and it will last longer then the wax. Given your preferance for that NXT shine, I think you would be very happy with Wet Diamond.

Thanks Todd.

I know you are employed by the good folks here, but give me your honest opinion as to why I should choose Wet Diamond over Wolfgang 3.0.

Better shine, better durability, easier application, easier removal? I`m just trying to make the most educated decision.

Eventually, I`ll probably end up having both, but for now I have a specific project in mine (a Black Audi A8) that I wanted to try something new on.

Thanks again.

Todd@RUPES
04-30-2009, 03:43 PM
Thanks Todd.

I know you are employed by the good folks here, but give me your honest opinion as to why I should choose Wet Diamond over Wolfgang 3.0.

Better shine, better durability, easier application, easier removal? I`m just trying to make the most educated decision.

Eventually, I`ll probably end up having both, but for now I have a specific project in mine (a Black Audi A8) that I wanted to try something new on.

Thanks again.

Boy you are putting me on the spot :thumbup:

Shine/Looks- This is really so subjective and I am such a big fan of proper prep work that I`ll leave this open, only saying that Wet Diamond is an amazing looking sealant with a very unique crystal look. You will see what I mean on a black car.

Durability- Blackfire should outlast 3.0 by a significant margin. It is my understanding that both products use a very similar polymer. Blackfire was updated and reformulated with the addition of Polycharger in 2008 (I believe) which significantly lengthened the durability. I used to own the previous version of the Blackfire and found that it lasted about as long as Wolfgang and Wolfgang 3.0, which wasn`t very long at all. In fact that was the reason why I never used many of the products previously.

The reformulation of Blackfire and the addition of polycharger has greatly increased the durability. Long before there was even a discussion of me doing any work for CMA, I started using Blackfire Wet Diamond exclusively, it does every I want a sealant to do.

Application/Removal- The reformulated product and the addition of polycharger has made Wet Diamond `slightly` more difficult to remove, compared to the previous version. I might be one of the only people who noticed that as most people rave about the application and removal of the product.

Heck read Junebug`s review, and I can promise you he is unbiased here (http://truthindetailing.com/Forum/showthread.php?t=723)

Even if the lasted and looked identical, the my only sales pitch would be price: $39.99 for 16oz of Wolfgang or $29.95 for Blackfire, it is kind of a no-brainer to me.

imported_User Name
04-30-2009, 04:41 PM
Thanks Todd, that is very useful and you`ve got me about 90% sold.

Last question...

I know in the past you`ve been a fan of Zaino and I`ve also been leaning towards biting the bullet on Zaino. I know the complaints of a plastic look with Zaino, but what is your opinion on Wet Diamond/Zaino comparison. (I promise, this is my last question).

imported_User Name
04-30-2009, 07:12 PM
Alright... couldn`t wait....

Just ordered my Blackfire Wet Diamond. Sent to my US address so I won`t get it until next weekend. I will report back with my impressions in a few weeks.