PDA

View Full Version : Whats you routine on your personal vechiles?

Tuck91
04-29-2009, 06:07 PM
do you ever just do plain wash and waxes on your personal vechiles.

I have a routine setup on my truck where I clay, then clean/polish, and wax the paint every three months

after that i wash once a week then wax every three weeks.

In bewtween those three months there is very minimal swirling.

Whats your routine on your car/trucks?

imported_Termigator
04-29-2009, 07:13 PM
No particular routine. I just do whatever I feel is needed for the car, time permitting. I like the cars to keep the "just waxed" slickness, so I probably wax about every three to four weeks. Unless it`s Zaino. Then I just wash and QD with Z6 for a few months before reapplying.:D
I try to avoid polishing because it`s time consuming and I have other things I`d rather do. Not crazy for the process. Just crazy for the results.:out:

imported_Luster
04-29-2009, 07:15 PM
`06 GTP: (Daily Driver)
Wash weekly with QEW or Meg`s Gold Class.
ZAIO spring & fall.
Polish M105/205 spring.
Z6 QD as needed.

2000 Trans Am: (Fair weather cruizer)
Wash only when I get caught in a rainstorm
ZAIO/Z5P spring & fall.
Polish M105/205 spring. (If needed)
Z8 QD as needed.

`82 Corvette: Same as T/A:D

BIOLINK
04-29-2009, 10:20 PM
My car (`07 Jetta) used to get a steady diet of FPII and FMJ. Lately I have been using a variety of waxes: Collinite, P21S, Blackfire, Klasse. I have also tried a variety of polishes and have settled on SIP and PO85RD. Basically, My car has been a test pilot for the other cars I do.

I am heading back to FMJ, it`s by far the easiest to use and the looks are killer.

I have started using a rinseless wash. Love it! I always use two buckets and clay before I polish.

Probably another post, don`t mean to sidetrack a polishing thread....I just tried my Klasse AIO on my windows. Love it. I might as well use it on something since I am going back to FMJ on the paint. My windows are crystal clear and super slick. Now if it would only rain in AZ so I could test the H20 repellency and sealant durability.

imported_Termigator
04-29-2009, 10:40 PM
I`m so glad I found someone else who loves FMJ as much as I do. FMJ get`s dissed pretty badly on other forums. :cursing:

Tuck91
04-29-2009, 10:42 PM
Another thing i think worth noting is clay barring often. It seems everytime it rains for a day or two and then i dont wash it for a couple days that on the lower body panels you can feel a few bumps here and there, above surface bonded contaminants latch on pretty easily,

I think we can at least all agree that a good clay is needed after every winter.

BIOLINK
04-29-2009, 10:46 PM
I`m so glad I found someone else who loves FMJ as much as I do. FMJ get`s dissed pretty badly on other forums. :cursing:

I love it!!! As I said above. And I`m not :out: for using it. It`s great stuff. :notworthy:

imported_akimel
04-30-2009, 06:28 AM
I am still in the process of determining my routines for our two cars, both of which are garaged:

2004 Ford Taurus (wife`s daily driver):

Wash every two weeks.
Wax every two months: Ultima Paint Guard Plus.
Clay and clean the paint every six months (spring and fall).
Clean the interior as needed.

2007 Honda S2000 (my semi-daily driver):

Wash once a week.
Wax once a month: my car is currently wearing two coats of Fuzion. I will be trying other waxes over the next several months (P21S 100%, Blackfire, Souveran, Smaragd). Collinite is my winter wax.
Clay and correct the paint every six months (spring and fall).
I will probably clean the paint midway through the summer.

Tuck91
05-08-2009, 11:09 PM
bumpity bump.

Claude
05-09-2009, 06:58 AM
Daily driver:

DaWife`s Jeep Compass
Stone White, gets Dawned Every Spring, then gets clayed while washing with Z7. then gets polished and sealed with Klasse AIO, and gets 4 coats of Klasse Glaze.
Once a week it gets washed, and de-bugged, and gets a single coat of Pinnacle Souveran.

My Vehicle
Black Silverado for long trips only.
Gets Dawned every spring, and gets clayed while being washed with Z7.
2 coats ZAIO.
2 coats Z2Pro
2 Coats Z5pro
Z8 shots in between coats.
1 coat of ZCS
Rinse off every weekend, unless something poops on it or all over it.
(DaWife feeds the birds around us)

The Silverado takes me about 2hrs. to rinse off and put a coat a wax on it.
The Jeep is another story, maybe 6hrs (complete with interior), those damn buggs, and they are juicy at this time of year(May).

Claude

michakaveli
05-11-2009, 02:20 PM
2004 Ford Taurus (wife`s daily driver):

Wash every two weeks.
Wax every two months: Ultima Paint Guard Plus.
Clay and clean the paint every six months (spring and fall).

Nice to see another person caring for their Taurus :thumbup: I thought I was the only one...

Todd@RUPES
05-12-2009, 05:31 PM
I`m embarrased to admit my infrequency!!!

imported_akimel
05-12-2009, 09:42 PM
I`m embarrased to admit my infrequency!!!

I bet that "infrequency" is not infrequent among professional detailers. Just as professional chefs often do not spend a lot of time on cooking at home, as they`ve already spent so much time doing it at their restaurant, so I imagine that professional detailers like to spend their free time doing something other than working on cars.

imported_Luster
05-12-2009, 10:42 PM
I bet that "infrequency" is not infrequent among professional detailers. Just as professional chefs often do not spend a lot of time on cooking at home, as they`ve already spent so much time doing it at their restaurant, so I imagine that professional detailers like to spend their free time doing something other than working on cars.

Haha... yeah, my next door neighbor is a residential painter. He had vinyl siding installed on his house so he`d never have to paint it!!!:D