PDA

View Full Version : What do you do to shine light on your work?

Royster
04-25-2009, 05:27 PM
I`m going to be tackling some light to medium swirl marks with a PC soon, on a black car, and here`s my problem: The products say not to apply in direct sunlight, but I can only really see what I`m working on (the swirl marks) when the car is in the direct (or angled) sunlight. (Or, sometimes, I only have the time to work on the car in the early evening/twilight.) Maybe I`m missing something obvious, but what do the experienced guys do? Is there some magic portable light that you use to highlight the paint surface while keeping it out of the sun? Or does everyone have better eyesight than I do? Thanks for any suggestions/recommendations.

Old Pirate
04-25-2009, 05:38 PM
I recommend you doing your detail in a garaged , Carport, or using a canopy. On what light to use I recommend a Brinkmann , Halogen work light, or a good Pro grade fluorescent work light should work for you on finding those nasty swirls.

Todd@RUPES
04-26-2009, 03:13 AM
I use twin 250w halogen work lights like those avilable from Home Depot for most cases. I also have about 5 portable `paint booth` style lights that a budy of mine had in a paint booth. They actually work better then anything I have at showing everything on the paint, but I have no idea what bulbs they are or what they are made of.