PDA

View Full Version : How much product on the pad

imported_broker99
04-21-2009, 07:28 PM
I was wondering how much product do you guys place on the pad. I was reading that some people use a couple dime size drops, some make and "X" and if I understand the KBM is a whole other subject. Does the amount matter if you are using a compound or a polish, a DA or a rotary? I am always second guessing myself if I am using too much product or not enough. I know that should be about 1-2 oz for a normal vechile. Maybe some pics if you have them.

Thanks

imported_Luster
04-21-2009, 07:39 PM
I use the "X" method. (Unless I`m using Zaino, then it`s a "Z".... haha!):smile:

I also "prime" the pad, meaning that I lightly spray the pad with one spritz of water or detail spray, then rub it into the pad with my finger until it is completely absorbed into the pad....:thumbup:

Old Pirate
04-21-2009, 07:54 PM
I was wondering how much product do you guys place on the pad. I was reading that some people use a couple dime size drops, some make and "X" and if I understand the KBM is a whole other subject. Does the amount matter if you are using a compound or a polish, a DA or a rotary? I am always second guessing myself if I am using too much product or not enough. I know that should be about 1-2 oz for a normal vechile. Maybe some pics if you have them.

Thanks

Pea size drops for a PC (3-4) and a 6" Bead for a Rotary.

Tuck91
04-21-2009, 08:43 PM
:thumbup::
Pea size drops for a PC (3-4) and a 6" Bead for a Rotary.

imported_broker99
04-22-2009, 05:50 AM
thanks for your input

imported_RANDAL
04-22-2009, 10:07 AM
I use ZOOMs method. Seems to work the best unless using a runny chemical polish.

TOGWT
04-22-2009, 05:03 PM
Place a small amount (approx 3 x 1/16th-inch diameter or a 3-inch X) of polish onto the centre of a clean primed pad