PDA

View Full Version : 1st time posting...

splash2112
04-13-2009, 10:45 PM
Hello,
I`m new to the board so please bear with me while I learn. This last week my wife & I bought a 06 Chevy Avy, gold in color with the cadding on the sides. Don`t really like the plastic on the doors, but it all comes down to $$$$ and at the time. (At the time it was the best truck for the money!)

I`m a car freak, always keep my stuff clean, but want learn how to drive the neighbors crazy with a super deep shine. I did floor restorations on vct tile for years, it was fun to achive the " Wet " look coat by coat.

Here`s my 1st Question: We are moving to AL from FL in 6 weeks, thank god! While packing I found a 6" palm polisher from harbor freight. Thought this would be a good starter tool, since it has never been used, must of been a yard sale find! I want to get a lambs wool pad to cover the 6" block on the bottom for protection from edges of the block. Then place the waxer pad/ cleaner pad over it. Same way with the wax remover pad.

Now, do I get a 6.0" ( same size of the tool ) 6.5", 7.0" pad to cover over the lambs wool pad for a proper fit. What is a proper fit? What is a good number to get of each? I don`t think U would use one cleaning pad on a whole car.

Thanks for your time,
Splash

" Don`t sell ur saddle, life is a long ride! "

imported_Luster
04-14-2009, 06:57 AM
Hey Splash... Welcome!!!!

Sorry I can`t answer your question about the "Palm Polisher".... I`m not familiar with that one, but someone will chime in shortly!

Be sure to post some pics of your ride in the Shine & Show section!!!:D

Old Pirate
04-14-2009, 07:34 AM
Welcome abroad Splash, Try to take a picture of the machine in question for us to see, but before your use it on paint try a old panel from a body shop and see how it works for you.