PDA

View Full Version : Kompressor v regular pads

imported_Tom
04-01-2009, 02:37 PM
The kompressor pads have a detent for the backing plate which -should-mean that they center better than the regular ccs pads, which, should mean that there is less vibration with the kompressor pads, tak/nie (yes/no)??
Will be used on pc 7424
:confused:

Old Pirate
04-01-2009, 02:54 PM
The kompressor pads have a detent for the backing plate which -should-mean that they center better than the regular ccs pads, which, should mean that there is less vibration with the kompressor pads, tak/nie (yes/no)??
Will be used on pc 7424

Yes they will center much more better then the standard CCS pads and have less vibration too. You can use it with your PC with a 6" BP and also a 5" BP also. I like using a 5" BP with them.

imported_The Pad Man
04-01-2009, 03:42 PM
I am working on some prototype smaller Kompressor pads. They are approx 4.25 inch in diam that work with a 3" BP.

imported_Tom
04-01-2009, 05:20 PM
Thanks guys.

Angelo, do you like the pads on the five inch plate for any particular reason? and doesn`t the smaller plate make the pad less likely to center itself than if it were on the six inch plate??

Old Pirate
04-01-2009, 05:57 PM
Well to tell you the truth, I love using my Meguiar`s W66 Rotary Backing Plate 5.75? , and your right about the the centering part. Me so dumb :rolleyes: forgot my BP is almost 6".......but you can use a 5" BP with them if you don`t have one bigger.........................Angelo

Old Pirate
04-01-2009, 05:59 PM
It`s just a little tight for me using a reg` 6" BP. It`s just me I think. Maybe someone else can come in and say what they use....

michakaveli
04-01-2009, 08:28 PM
Another fellow rodak on the board! Witam!

imported_nbk13nw
05-07-2009, 12:25 PM
Yes they will center much more better then the standard CCS pads and have less vibration too. You can use it with your PC with a 6" BP and also a 5" BP also. I like using a 5" BP with them.

Yes there is definitely less vibration. However, I have found that the pads start separating around the indent after only a few uses. Is that normal? So far I have had 2 black pads and 2 white pads completely separate and I had to toss them. Not sure if this is to be expected or not. I sure hope not.

Otherwise the pads are excellent! Less work, less pressure, better cutting and virtually no heat on the PC.

Todd@RUPES
05-07-2009, 01:00 PM
Will be used on pc 7424

Hey Tom, wait for tonight and I should be able to answer all of your questions! New super thread comming soon!