PDA

View Full Version : Detailing a Bird?

Beemerboy
03-26-2004, 12:17 PM
I`m going to be doing this helicopter very soon, the inside is a no brainier for me, ist the same as any car I`ve ever done. The windshield will be done with Novus plastic cleaner.

I`m wondering what some might suggest about the outside. I was thinking
PB P-w-C and then EX or UPP

Also what would you think about charging. The guy that flies it is a personal buddy and will be moving it to the wash area at the airport so I will have access to all the amenities.

Thanks

Beemerboy
03-26-2004, 12:19 PM
Helps to attach the pic dosen`t it!!:lmfao

kimwallace
03-26-2004, 01:55 PM
Where do you need to go ...
Will Detail For Free Flight(s)

Beemerboy
03-26-2004, 02:02 PM
Thanks KIM

We went up this bird last weekend over Sonoma County it was great, that`s when I asked about the detailing of it. The inside is rough and needs some TLC.

Here is a pic of me and my son, I was in the middle of a detail at the time .

kimwallace
03-26-2004, 02:40 PM
I like your son`s shirt ... I guess he got some really "BIG AIR" in the copter.
I would think UPP would hold up great ...
I have no idea what to charge ...

bigron62
03-26-2004, 02:47 PM
when i dont know what to charge i go by the hour so nobody gets burned

Beemerboy
03-26-2004, 02:47 PM
I can roll threw the inside in about 1.5 hours, the windows will take about teh same lenght of tiem. The outside is a wash then. PB P-w-C that I might use the PC on then EX by hand. That time is about 5 hours is a guess. So I`m think about $250 or along those lines. This bird costs $1200.00 hour to rent so the detail should not be a bargain!

Clean Dean
03-26-2004, 02:48 PM
has the same smile as you... Great pic... I would charge somewhere between $400-600, depending on the amount of time needed to complete. (Ballpark guesstimate)

Beemerboy
03-26-2004, 02:50 PM
Thanks Dean he was so ready to get that thing and fly. I was quite taken back by it

dr_detail
03-26-2004, 07:58 PM
I charged $450 to do the gondola on a Blimp about six years ago... The $500-600 price sounds right in the low end of the ball park. If it were me, and this was a buddy of mine, I`d try to work out a deal for a monthly/weekly "maintenance" program which includes some airtime for you and your kid. If you`re out there every month/week, think of the exposure from other owners out at the airfield. ;)

A heads up though on aircraft paint -- more likely than not this bird is painted with Imron (a catalyzed single stage paint); If you are expecting to remove any towel scratches or swirls, be ready to rub hard.

57chevy
03-26-2004, 08:16 PM
I`,m Jealous. That`s a sweet way to travel. I actually have a buddy of mine, my nieghbor who flies but he flies planes. I` d love to get the detail job for the plane they lease out. Don`t know what to charge but it`s a step in in the right direction. Go for it. Nice pics. Good luck,