PDA

View Full Version : Final PC Question

Dalton
03-26-2004, 08:27 AM
Ok. This is the weekend that I am going to give my new PC a whirl. The questions I have are:

How fast do I move the PC? In other words how rapidly do I move it across the surface? I will use SSR1 with a Megs polish pad and EX-p with a Megs Finishing pad. Also, how much pressure do I use?

I have a silver metallic car with VERY minor swirls

JimS
03-26-2004, 08:43 AM
Not much pressure will be needed unless you have some bad spots then you might use some pressure.

As far as speed moving across the surface I`m not sure how to explain it other than to say there`s no hurry but don`t stand still too long. Just do it. The PC isn`t dangerous or hard to use. You`ll feel like an expert in no time. I did and I`m clumsy!:lmfao :crazy

andriver
03-26-2004, 08:51 AM
Dalton, just let the PC do the work. Not much pressure is needed. Just keep a steady and even speed over the paint. For SSR1 I would go with the 4 speed. For EX-P go with 3 speed. Hope this helps.

CharlesW
03-26-2004, 08:59 AM
lol at your thread title, "Final PC Question"
Bet it isn`t. :D

Charles

ps: No reason why it should be. Asking questions seems to work for me. C.

kimwallace
03-26-2004, 09:15 AM
Charles,
Is that your final answer ... to the final question????
It seems like everytime I do something I have another question.

CharlesW
03-26-2004, 09:28 AM
Originally posted by kimwallace
It seems like everytime I do something I have another question. A common one for me is, "Why in the heck did I do that?"

Only dumb question is the one you don`t ask.
(Anyone believe I just made that up?)

Charles

Dalton
03-26-2004, 09:29 AM
Originally posted by CharlesW
lol at your thread title, "Final PC Question"
Bet it isn`t. :D

Charles

ps: No reason why it should be. Asking questions seems to work for me. C.

LOL Very funny Charles. I promise you that one day I will actually contribute to this forum! I promise!!

CharlesW
03-26-2004, 09:33 AM
Originally posted by Dalton
LOL Very funny Charles. I promise you that one day I will actually contribute to this forum! I promise!! Hey, you already do! Without questions the forum would be pretty dull.
Many of the questions benefit lots of people. Most of the people that already knew everything have moved out of Detail City.:D
Keep asking, and asking, and asking..., you get the idea.

Charles

Dalton
03-26-2004, 09:42 AM
I hear ya. Sometimes I feel like a mooch though. I get what you are saying. I have learned alot from searching other posts of people who have asked questions.

The people here are sooo good about answering and being patient. We all appreciate people like you.

Thanks

JimS
03-26-2004, 09:50 AM
Originally posted by CharlesW
A common one for me is, "Why in the heck did I do that?"

Only dumb question is the one you don`t ask.
(Anyone believe I just made that up?)

Charles

Charles we are often on the same page it seems. The question "why the heck did I do THAT!" is, in my case anyway, often preceeded by an anguished scream of horror:bigscream :bigscream :bigscream :bigscream :bigscream:lmfao

awd330
03-26-2004, 10:05 AM
Dalton - Meguiar`s has a series of video clinics. Go to this URL and scroll to the "Power Polishing Clinic" video:

Meguiar`s PC video (http://www.meguiars.com/clinics/clinics_template.cfm)

If you want to make a contributution to DC, you could write-up a summary of your first PC use. What questions did you have before deciding to buy a PC? What did you find easy or difficult with your first use? Was there a specific "helpful hint" that was especially useful?

Dalton
03-26-2004, 10:42 AM
Thanks AWD. I am planning on doing a lengthy write up with pictures.

I will include all steps apprehensions and results

JimS
03-26-2004, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by Dalton
LOL Very funny Charles. I promise you that one day I will actually contribute to this forum! I promise!!

You have exhibiting humility and gratitude in your posts and these qualities are a significant contribution. Word up. :)

Dalton
03-26-2004, 11:13 AM
Believe me, I am very grateful. The people here have been very gracious and I am happy and privledged to be accepted as a part of this group.