PDA

View Full Version : Meguiar DACP (#83): more or less aggressive than Meguiar Ultimate Compound?

hook
08-01-2011, 01:55 PM
The subject sums up my question....

I have an almost-full bottle of DACP that, although old, seems to be fine.

I haven`t needed (or bought) anything more aggressive than it simply because I didn`t need it. I may have that need now - in case I do, and need it in a hurry, is the Meguiar`s Ultimate Compound more aggressive than the DACP?

thanks,

Andrew

Old Pirate
08-01-2011, 02:35 PM
M83 has a moderate abrasive power ( Medium cut cleaner/polish ) in the formula, effectively removes light to medium contamination from your car’s paint (Blemishes, Swirls and Stains )

Meguiars Ultimate Compound is formulated to level without scratching. It will remove water spots, oxidation, swirls, scratches, blemishes, and more from your paint, meaning it has more power then a medium cleaner/polish.

Yes, it has more power in cut and removing swirls and other blemishes then M83. Both are great products from Meguiar`s.

Todd@RUPES
08-01-2011, 03:08 PM
The subject sums up my question....

I have an almost-full bottle of DACP that, although old, seems to be fine.

I haven`t needed (or bought) anything more aggressive than it simply because I didn`t need it. I may have that need now - in case I do, and need it in a hurry, is the Meguiar`s Ultimate Compound more aggressive than the DACP?

thanks,

Andrew

Andrew, Meguiar`s Ultimate Compound is definately more aggressive than D/ACP. Because of the more advanced technology, not only will it cut more, but it will likely leave a better finish as well. Who says we cannot have our cake and eat it too. :rockon

C. Charles Hahn
08-01-2011, 03:26 PM
One other important point to remember about DACP vs. UC -- DACP is a diminishing abrasive polish, whereas UC uses SMAT abrasives which do not break down. The buffing cycle with UC will therefore be much longer.

BIOLINK
08-01-2011, 06:06 PM
I have wanted to try the DACP, but have not. I do however really like the Ultimate compound. On some paints you can go straight to LSP. Like Todd said, have your cake and eat it too.:bigups

hook
08-01-2011, 08:22 PM
Excellent info, thanks guys! Will grab a bottle of Ultimate Compund in case thje DACP isn`t enough.

What kind of speeds are best for the UC? I have a PC 7424. I think I`m reading right, that I will want to go longer on the buff cycle with it?

Guess I can provide more info for more accurate advice ...working to get out light water marks and very light/sparse spiderwebbing on a `07 BMW 335i with Monaco Blue paint (a very dark blue). Started with Pinnacle Advanced Swirl Remover with an orange pad on my PC. That knocked down the water marks some, but not entirely, and the spiderwebbign is almost gone. So figured I`d try the DACP when I have a chance, again with an orange pad. Just want to be ready in case it`s not enough.

Is BMW paint typically hard? Either I`m rusty, or it`s pretty tough.