PDA

View Full Version : Prima Hydro Seal

Mr. Gloss
06-28-2011, 08:12 AM
When will Prima Hydro Seal be available in the store?

Thanks!

Pats300zx
06-28-2011, 09:55 AM
Just saw the application video. Looks like a great product !!! Can`t wait to give it a try.

John@Autopia-Carcare.com
06-28-2011, 11:32 AM
Hydro Seal and Hydro Wash will be on Autopia Store today, actually in about 30 mins.

TroyScherer
06-28-2011, 11:36 AM
John, send some of that goodness my way.... :lol2:

John@Autopia-Carcare.com
06-28-2011, 11:44 AM
YouTube - ‪Prima Hydro Seal: How To Apply‬‏

Nick@Prima
06-28-2011, 01:31 PM
Hi John, thanks for adding the video.

Mr. Clean
06-28-2011, 09:38 PM
Based on the video it appears to be a very easy product to use. The video did raise a couple of questions, 1) is that the normal working area for that amount of product 2) can you allow the product more time (ie. apply product to adjoining surfaces) before removing 2a) will more "set-up" time make the product a) easier or b) more difficult to remove?

Mr. Gloss
06-29-2011, 05:57 AM
I already own and use Amigo, Epic and Hydro. Hydro Seal will complete my Prima inventory.

John@Autopia-Carcare.com
06-29-2011, 11:31 AM
Based on the video it appears to be a very easy product to use. The video did raise a couple of questions, 1) is that the normal working area for that amount of product 2) can you allow the product more time (ie. apply product to adjoining surfaces) before removing 2a) will more "set-up" time make the product a) easier or b) more difficult to remove?

I will have Nick jump on here and answer those questions for you.

Nick@Prima
06-29-2011, 12:04 PM

1. That work area in the video was a little willy-nilly. I`m usually a little more structured in my application. On my MINI, do half the hood at a a time. However, with the freaking landing strip of a hood on the 612 in the video, I would need to to smaller sections.

2. In a high humidity area, you can let it sit longer. There will be a point where a dry wipe will not remove smudges left from the application. In this case, a quick spritz or wet wipe will remove smudges.

2a. More difficult. It will set up smudgy then you will need to mist it again to even out the finish. You could also wipe it again with your wet HS applicator then dry wipe.

The reality of Hydro Seal is you can do whatever you want. Apply it how ever you like. If you don`t get any streaking or smudging, you are good to go. For example, in the first take of the video, I forgot to mist the paint. The result was exactly the same as the final take. In this case, my applicator was wet enough to distribute and move the product.

What I have tried to provide is one way it will absolutely work. There are many variable that can change, but if you run into problems, come back to the basic installation and you should be fine.