PDA

View Full Version : Let`s discuss other hobbies

Pages : [1] 2

BillRids
06-07-2011, 08:22 PM
I know I am kind of the new guy, but I`ve mentioned before that I am a long time lurker. I have been through many forums, but I mostly lurk and gain knowledge and opinion, I never really had much of an desire to join discussion until recently. So here I am, and I`m here to stay.

Anyway, back to topic-

What are some of your other hobbies besides car care? I`ll start;

-Besides car care, I enjoy all things car related (inside and out)
-I am a bit of a fitness nut (4-5 days at the gym)
-I`m also a part time nerd. (Former IT guy, and enjoy my fair share of games)
-Love to cook, also spent time in the culinary field
-Love animals (Don`t own any right now, I actually ran a dog training facility many many years ago, before I got into the car care world)

Ok, enough about me, YOUR turn!

John@Autopia-Carcare.com
06-07-2011, 09:53 PM
Cool idea, Bill

We share some of the same hobbies.

I enjoy working out myself, but scheduling sometimes allows me to get to the gym about 3 times a week.

I have a 10 month old American Bulldog who is basically my child (as i type this, I`m reprimanding him for running out of my room with a mouth full of socks.)

I wouldn`t call myself a nerd, but most of my buddies from up north play Xbox, so it`s a cool way to keep in touch and play online.

I`ve always been into cars. All of the cars that I`ve owned have all been modified in one way or another.

Hobbies are a good thing. Let`s hear some others

wallyStang
06-07-2011, 10:17 PM
I love cars! Eventually I will have both a Mustang and a Corvette in the drive way :). Yea shoot me.... lol. I enjoy working out like you guys had mentioned. I also play Guitar. I have a 1967 Gibson SG junior which is my baby. I also Detail her with Poorboys spray and wipe and pro polish!!!

mrclean81
06-08-2011, 12:12 AM
Not much into working out since I smoke 2 packs a day lol, but I too love playing guitar. Im also a crotch rocket freak although I dont have one at the moment (soon..very soon). I grew up around cars and body shops so really thats just a part of life for me. As for other hobbies, I spend most of my time when Im home with my family watching movies or doing stuff with the kids.

jjpcali4life
06-08-2011, 12:22 AM
I did work out, but havent had the time, and needed to lose the gym membership to save money. I have guitars, amps, and effects pedals, but cant play to save my life. Play video games, and chase after my kids.

Dr Oldz
06-08-2011, 01:56 AM
I am a huge car guy....but I am also a huge gun guy!

Pats300zx
06-08-2011, 04:10 AM
Another car guy here. I love my garage queens. I also enjoy working out and staying in shape.

I also love boating and messing around with my waverunners.

Bottom line...I love toys :)

AutopiaAdmin
06-08-2011, 07:44 AM
Great thread! Well, some of you know that I am kind of a "geek". :inspector:

In my free time I`m always looking for a chance to get out to my favorite lake for some bass fishing. I can play guitar and used to be in a metal band about 18 years ago called IoP (Instruments of Punishment) :D

My first car was a 1969 Mustang Coupe 302 with custom metallic blue paint and that`s when I got hooked on cars.

I have a passion for reading, writing and always learning something new. My favorite book is the Bible.

Have a gym membership, love my android phone and seafood.

Listen to everything from country, classic rock, alternative, metal to r&b and hip hop, depending on my mood.

That pretty much sums it up! :rofl

Mr. Gloss
06-08-2011, 08:04 AM
Gardening and landscaping are my favorite activities. I still mow an acre of lawn with a walk behind mower. That`s my work out during the summer.

I also enjoy home remodeling. I`ve remodeled my house 8 times in 30 years. It`s still looks new.

My two grandchildren and family are who I live for. Everything else comes last.

Beemerboy
06-08-2011, 09:53 AM
I have tons of other interests other than detailing.

I`m a avid road bicyclist averaging 120 to 200 miles a week during the summer / good weather months. Off season I`m on the spin bikes at the gym training 5 days a week. I also lift weights for 2 to 3 days a week.

I`m a total foodie and wine-o. Having worked in the food industry I love to cook and entertain guests. Living in the wine country the wife and I visit wineries all the time, I read as much as I can on the subject. I enjoy matching food and wines.

I play a few musical instruments. Guitar, piano, clarinet, trumpet. I studied in college to becomes a music history teacher. Family business kept me from finishing and getting my degree (long story) Maybe one day I will return to it.

I enjoy gardening, roses are one of my favorites. ;)

GearHead_1
06-08-2011, 10:38 AM
These threads have been known to take a turn down hill when I mention my other hobbies but I`ll throw it out and hope the collective is open minded. I like collecting and building firearms. Military Rifles are my favorites. AR 15`s and anything John Browning was involved with, I also like 1911`s. I`m in the parts selection process for a new AK 74 as I type this, looks like this one will be a Bulgarian kit. That`s the 5.45 X 39 mm as opposed to the more popular 7.62 X 39 AK 47 for those who may not know. These two rifles pretty much look the same. Picked up a barrel press and bucking tool for it yesterday.

I`ve built my share of race cars over the years and love putting together special engines. I like old Mustangs.

Beemerboy
06-08-2011, 10:45 AM
These threads have been known to take a turn down hill when I mention my other hobbies but I`ll throw it out and hope the collective is open minded. I like collecting and building firearms. Military Rifles are my favorites. AR 15`s and anything John Browning was involved with, I also like 1911`s. I`m in the parts selection process for a new AK 74 as I type this, looks like this one will be a Bulgarian kit. That`s the 5.45 X 39 mm as opposed to the more popular 7.62 X 39 AK 47 for those who may not know. These two rifles pretty much look the same. Picked up a barrel press and bucking tool for it yesterday.

I`ve built my share of race cars over the years and love putting together special engines.

Where is Black Bart when ya need him:rofl:rofl:rofl

triplejumper18
06-08-2011, 12:37 PM
I like to modify my Mazdaspeed6 and hopefully will be putting on my GT3071R turbo, Steedspeed turbo manifold, and 38mm Tial external wastegate on the 18th, I am a big sports fan and played baseball and track in college, still play some video games although the college days of geeking out are long gone, shooting trap with my Mossberg 500 20" barrel (big spread hahaha), making bbq on my Traeger, drinking microbrews, and last but not least dreaming of winning the lottery and never having to do any work again.

Addicted2Bling
06-08-2011, 04:02 PM
Working out, fast cars, I love imports and customized mini trucks. I love shooting guns, and paintballin. Spearfishing is definatly a good time. Surfing, skateboarding, photography. I love going out and dancing. I like drinking yuenling and corona, patron if I want to get a little crazy. BBQ chicken and steak? hell yes!

JohnHenry
06-09-2011, 08:46 AM
Part-time detailer here... maybe 2 cars per month right now. I`ve been very fortunate to have developed some interesting clients with unique cars. My detailing "business" is right about where I want it, considering that I`m still working (Business Process Outsourcing Consultant.)

My second love is archery. I help coach a Junior Olympic Archery Development team (Little League with weapons.) I bowhunt and shoot competitively (3D) a couple of times per year. (A Mathews guy, for those who care.)

I was lucky enough to have won a few Marine Corps and Police Academy marksmanship trophies back in the day, but don`t shoot as much as I`d like these days.

I ride a road bike (Lemond Zurich w/Ultegra components) and have completed Ride the Rockies in CO several times. I have to set these killer goals just to stay in shape.

Certified Diver since I was 15 years old. I still like to shoot a hog snapper for dinner occasionally. Plus bay scallops in June, FL lobster in July and stone crabs in October.

Training for a 3 mile swim across Tampa Bay in January, 2012. TampaBayFrogman.com... a pledge deal supporting the Naval Special Warfare Foundation. (We`ll see if a 62 year old Jarhead can hang with the young guns.) SEALs ROCK!

I tie flies, collect pocket knives, have climbed 14ers in CO and 46ers in NY... basically refuse to grow up.